Alarm Monitoring

Alarm Monitoring

Members Online

77 Guests, 2 Users
murphy62,
dpslusser

Alarm Installer Search and Reviews

Myalarminstaller.com

Author Topic: Need Help with a ADT Focus 200  (Read 8755 times)

YoungLVTech

• I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Need Help with a ADT Focus 200
« on: April 29, 2006, 12:27:09 PM »
Well this is my first post so bear with me please... :-)  I was changing out a a Focus 200 from ADT on a service call because apparently it was acting unusual. So I kept the panel and decided to install it in my condo... Only draw back is I dont' know the installer code nor do I know the user ID's that were assigned it before. I was wondering if there is a default installer code/master code or even a Factory reset on the panel so I can reprogram it for my house... Any help would be greatly appreciated. I read the manual but it was no help. Also as a last resort if I can't change the code is to look up the service call and call the place i changed the panel at and see if they still know the user ID.. Thanxs again in advance.

-Jack
« Last Edit: April 29, 2006, 12:36:32 PM by YoungLVTech »

YoungLVTech

• I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Re:Need Help with a ADT Focus 200
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2006, 04:32:20 PM »
I was also wondering if anyone might actually have an installation manual instead of the user manual for this cuz i noticed looking at the mainboard theres a service port which looks like an RJ-11 jack for a com port on for a laptop... curious if maybe that might let me download a new program for it... and if so.. what software would i use... I'm almost debating on calling ADT but since they seem to be a bit hush hush on their systems.. i don't wanna bother... if no luck at all then i'll just change out the system for a spare GE Networxs NX-8 system i have sitting in my car... :(

This is a picture of it in my place, incase anyone isn't familiar with it... If you notice the top first line on the LCD, the lettering is all messed up which is the issue they were having but since they were using it for fire and not burg i'm wondering if it was just a programing issue.. o well Its a nice system.. i know its way more then what i need it for but i figured since its free... i'll use it.. if i can figure it out.. lol

« Last Edit: April 29, 2006, 05:13:14 PM by YoungLVTech »

YoungLVTech

• I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2006, 07:30:40 PM »
No one has any idea about it? I called up ADT in h opes that they would give me the Userid's assigned to it since the account has been closed now but when i called a local adt they were closed and it forwarded me to CS and they said they couldnt' give it out but know since the account is cancelled they dont' see why a local ADT dealer that installed it wouldn't give it to me so hopefully tomorrow i can get it... but i would love to get this thing up and running so i can program it ...

YoungLVTech

• I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2006, 11:24:41 AM »
Well it keeps going downhill from here.. I called the guy i did the service call for and he game me the user id he was assigned for it and it doesn't work... so again i called up adt and they told me that the service manager would give it to me but they aren't in today so it looks as if i've got to wait another day... Great... :(

YoungLVTech

• I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2006, 12:37:36 PM »
I think i've given up hope on this system... Spoke with a service manager at ADT and i'm not sure if its bullshit or the truth but he said even if he gave me all the codes to get the system unlocked (installer code, user id's) i still wouldn't be able to program it because the programing is programmed through the phone line (Downloaded into the panel once the panel is in standby mode waiting for the dialer to ring) So if anyone has any idea on how to access the programing or even unlock the system i would greatly appreciate it cuz i really don't want to go with the GE Networxs system i have as an option.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2006, 12:38:25 PM by YoungLVTech »