+-

Alarm Monitoring

Alarm Monitoring

Members Online

34 Guests, 0 Users

Alarm Installer Search and Reviews

Myalarminstaller.com

Author Topic: Vista-20P Max # of Zone Expanders  (Read 1455 times)

DropIt

• Security Pro
  • Home Tinkerer
    • View Profile
    • Views From a Far
Vista-20P Max # of Zone Expanders
« on: November 15, 2005, 10:11:59 AM »
Is there a maximum number of wireless zone expanders that you can add to a Vista-20P control panel?

Example, I could get a 5881ENH which would add 40 wireless zones, or is it possible to install two seperate 5881ENM expanders and place them in different places to get the best reception (say one for basement and one for second floor of my house) for a total of 32 wireless zones.

Will the two 5881ENM's cohabitat nicely?

Thanks,
DropIt

DropIt

• Security Pro
  • Home Tinkerer
    • View Profile
    • Views From a Far
Re:Vista-20P Max # of Zone Expanders
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2005, 10:17:16 AM »
I should also ask the following question:

From what I've read the Ademco 5881's all have an indoor range of about 200 feet. Is this suitable for reception for a 3000 square foot 2 story (and a basement) single family home?

Where's the best place to install the wireless expander in a case like this, I'd like to install it in the center of the basement.

DropIt

dave

Re:Vista-20P Max # of Zone Expanders
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2005, 12:22:53 PM »
The 20P will support a single RF reciever, no more, since the system works as a fixed addressable type.

The best location for a RF reciever is dependent on construction and range. I have yet to really see many issues with a 'standard' install by mounting the RF reciever near the control. The best location would be highest as possible, and in conditioned space (2nd floor closet) and nearest the center of the house. Barring that, a first floor closet will work as well. I haven't had any issues with a standard house before, only when in larger installs, or trying to push the distance between a house and outbuilding.