Alarm Monitoring

Alarm Monitoring

Members Online

92 Guests, 2 Users
ballcoach4,
Flyct

Alarm Installer Search and Reviews

Myalarminstaller.com

Author Topic: DSC power 632 reprogramming clock/date  (Read 2234 times)

tomytee

• I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
DSC power 632 reprogramming clock/date
« on: November 11, 2005, 06:12:05 AM »
I have a new home with a Power 632 system that I am having trouble getting the time and date reset on.

From the instruction manual, it would appear that I have a LCD5501Z keypad. However, the keypad itself is labeled on the front "Power 433". Confusing? None-the-less, I am relatively certain that it is a 5501Z.

When I first encountered problems the trouble indicater was on, the armed indicator was on in "away" mode, and the alarm siren activated. I did not have the manual and was unsure what to do, so I turned off power to the unit at the electrical panel. I have since gotten an instruction manual and tried trouble shooting the system.

I turned the power back on and pressed *2 on the keypad. The trouble condition indicated was "8" loss of time and date. I then tried to program the  time and date. I pressed *6 40 (40 is the master access code indicated in the manual). At this time the manual says "the program or system indicator will begin to flash, and the armed indicator will turn on. Well, I am not sure what the "program or system indicator" is and I did not see anything flashing. I assume it is the word "program" flasing on the right side of the LCD display. If so I did not see that come on. The "armed" indicator is on and displays "away" mode.

The next step outlined in the manual is to press "1" to select time and date, and the "ready" indicator will turn on. This is not happening.

It would appear to me that the system may not be recognizing the master code "40". Maybe I am not entering it correctly? When I press " *640 ", should I be doing this all at once or should I puase between "*6" and "40"

Please help!! Thanks.

p.s. When I power up the system the "armed" and "trouble" indicators are on. I have tried to enter the master access code "40" to un-arm the system but this does not seem to work either.

Dawg fan

• Pro-Tech Advisor/Moderator
  • Security Guru
    • View Profile
Re:DSC power 632 reprogramming clock/date
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2005, 03:51:40 PM »
Hi TomyTee,
    40 is not the master code. It is the "slot" the master code is stored in. The master code will be four digits. I get the feeling something else is not quite right, but I can't put my finger on it, yet.
I'll be thinking about it and get back to you if it comes to me. I hope this helps.
God bless,
Dawg fan.
All that is required for evil to succeed is for good people do nothing. Beware of ethical naturalists bearing moral gifts.

Old EW tech

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2005, 11:50:23 AM »

I have to agree with Dawg fan.

You can try resetting the system:  Remove one of the leads from the battery, unplug the transformer, wait for a minute and reconnect the battery lead and plug the transformer back in.

Iím not sure that this is going to do it for you, it sounds like the system may be locked.  If so, your options are limited:  Have it unlocked by the company that installed it, send the panel out to have it unlocked or replace the system.

Use the forums search feature and you will find lots of interesting reading on the subject.

tomytee

• I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2005, 05:59:03 PM »
Thanks guys for your input. Once I try to reset the system, will the master code be cleared/reset? Is this done by the istaller or is there a factory set master code?

Many thanks.

Old EW tech

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2005, 12:50:49 PM »
Resetting (rebooting) just shuts down and then restarts the processor; none of the codes or system configuration will be lost.  Only the system Time/Date will need reentered.

A Default, by contrast, will return ALL system programming to Factory Defaults and necessitates reprogramming.

We suggested trying the reset as a first step to see if it would clear the condition that you described.  If that does not clear the condition (I suspect it wonít but itís worth a try) the next step is to attempt a default.

As I said, it does sound like your system may be locked, if that is the case your options are as outlined above.

Do the reading that I suggested and see this link:

http://forum.homesecuritystore.com/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=5078

I sent you a Private Message regarding manuals and panel unlocking services.