+-

Alarm Monitoring

Alarm Monitoring

Members Online

66 Guests, 1 User
Rsilvers

Alarm Installer Search and Reviews

Myalarminstaller.com

Author Topic: DLS 2002 Security Stamp  (Read 5931 times)

dale.case

• I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
DLS 2002 Security Stamp
« on: October 26, 2005, 11:15:44 AM »
Hello,
   Does anyone know how to reset the security stamp in DLS 2002?  
   My situation is as follows, the PC that had DLS2002 on it crashed and the data is not recoverable, I do not know the origional stamp and therefore assume that I can't simply load a new PC with the software and then download the data from the keypad.  Is that correct?
Thanks for any help,
Dale

Old EW tech

Re:DLS 2002 Security Stamp
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2005, 11:41:42 AM »
If I understand correctly, I think you are ok.

The Security Stamp cannot be reset unless you know the old Stamp but you shouldn’t need it.

If you are installing the software on a new machine, you will enter a new Security Stamp (write it down and store in a safe place); create a new account and Upload.

As long as you have the Download Access Code for the Panel or the Installers Code so you can change the Access Code if necessary, you’re good to go.

dale.case

• I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2005, 04:57:54 PM »
That's great news, you have saved me twice today, thanks again.

Dale

Old EW tech

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2005, 05:02:46 PM »

The only way the loss of the Stamp would become an issue is if you were trying to move a copy of the files to the new software. :)

dale.case

• I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2005, 05:19:44 AM »
Sorry I just reread what you had said about changing the access code.  I'll see what I can find.  Is the process the same for all Maxsys panels, I don't know if this is a 4000, 4010 or a 4020?
Thanks,
Dale

Old EW tech

« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2005, 05:35:26 AM »
No, the codes are not the same.  You will have to determine which system you have.

Your earlier post indicates that you have used the software on this Panel in the past.

dale.case

• I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2005, 05:53:49 AM »
Little by little, I'm getting there.  I was able to open communications between the pc and the panel but, my "downloading access code" is invalid.  I tried the installers code and the default "1234" but neither is correct and I can't seem to navigate to the *5 User programming commands menu with the installer code.  I have the manual for the panel and it mentions the downloading code one time and it is not in reference to setting it or changing it.  Any ideas how to get there?
   Yes, the panel was connected to another PC that had a hard drive failure.  As far as me using the software, no, I am an outside consultant (IT) and have been taken off my regular duties to assist in getting this up and going again.  Sorry if I gave the impression of having been associated with this before.
Dale

Old EW tech

« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2005, 06:18:26 AM »
No problem Dale.

*, 5 is a User Function and requires the Master User Code.  Checking or changing the Downloading Access Code requires the Installers Code.

The first thing you will need to know is the model of the system.  Check your documentation or the pc board inside the metal enclosure for the system.

Second, you need the Installers Code.  If it is a new system or if the codes have not been changed, the default codes will depend on the system model.

dale.case

• I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2005, 06:47:00 AM »
 :)I truly appreciate your patience and willingness to help a nubie.  I am up and running, and all seems fine.  After about the 30th attempt (no exaggeration), the old machine came up long enough for me to navigate to the access code.  I should buy a lottery ticket today, haha.  

Sincerely,
Dale Case

P.S.  Great site and I am in the beginning stages of building a home and will be back to make a few purchases and to get some alarm system recommendations.

Old EW tech

« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2005, 07:01:35 AM »

Great, glad you got it Dale.

Good luck with the new home.  Don't forget to have a pre-wire for the alarm.