Alarm Monitoring

Members Online

89 Guests, 3 Users
dilligaff,
klos,
murphy62

Alarm Installer Search and Reviews

Myalarminstaller.com

Author Topic: Brinks Home System Question??? BHS-3000C  (Read 30853 times)

Arik434

• I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Brinks Home System Question??? BHS-3000C
« on: September 03, 2005, 07:32:48 PM »
Hey guys...

I just moved into my house. Its got a new Brinks system in it, but I do not plan to have the monitoring service right now.  It seems to still be working ok, but it shows that the CP and CH was activated, and now I get a beeping noise each day at the same time. Is there any way that I can make this go away or reset the system???  Anyone know where I can find a manual? Thanks for any help, feel free to email me at Arik434@yahoo.com.

This is the BHS-3000C Brinks Home System.

Thanks!
Arik
« Last Edit: September 03, 2005, 07:41:37 PM by Arik434 »

Security Monitor

• Security Guru
  • member: International Order of the llamas
    • View Profile
Re:Brinks Home System Question??? BHS-3000C
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2005, 08:31:32 PM »
The codes indicate that the panel can not communicate with Brinks.

There is nothing you can do with that system and it's not user programable.  All you can do is power down the system and shut the whole thing down.
 :-[

Arik434

• I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2005, 04:37:27 AM »
Thanks for the advice. Can I buy a new control box and use the existing sensors, motion detectors, and keypads?

Thanks...

Noremac

• Security Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2005, 06:17:37 PM »
Thanks for the advice. Can I buy a new control box and use the existing sensors, motion detectors, and keypads?
Mostly.  You can generally use the sensors and motions, but you will need new keypads to match a new panel.

I was in the same boat several months ago with a proprietary Brinks system.  Since then, I've had fun replacing it all with an Ademco 20P, new keypads, a few more sensors, and a much lower monitoring cost!

Security Monitor

• Security Guru
  • member: International Order of the llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2005, 09:49:49 PM »
On other item, when changing out a system for another, check the siren specifications of the new panel. Some use sirens, others use speakers.  The brinks system uses a speaker since the siren driver is built into the panel.  Other may require you to purchase a siren with built in driver.

brinksboy

• I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2006, 03:58:10 PM »
despite the advice you have received from previous posts, there is a way to get rid of the CP and CH trouble on the keypad.  Hold the "0" on the keypad for approximately 10 seconds, the system should reboot.  when the system reboots, the trouble should go away.  CP trouble means that some type of trouble signal (such as a real alarm intrusion, or a low battery) attempted to report to the brinks server and failed.  CH trouble means that the panel has attempted to connect with the brinks server to upload information, and that attempt has failed.  

to make a long story short, the ch trouble can be avoided by connecting the brinks system to a live phone line, but the cp trouble cannot be avoided if the account is not active.  the account will be rejected if an alarm intrusion is detected and the panel attmepts to report.

hope this helps

Magnum Alert

• Pro-Tech Advisor/Moderator
  • Security Guru
  • NICET Certified - Fire Alarm Systems - #121764
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2006, 06:17:07 PM »
I was wondering this earlier today.....

if you had a brinks system, and the contract expired and they didn't remotely disable it yet, wouldn't you be able to stop them from disabling it by disconnecting the RJ-31X?  yeah, brinks probably wouldn't like it.  but at least you have some kind of security.

or do they trap their panels so that they shut themselves down?

I think it's a fresh steamin pile of BS that you're paying all that money a month for "security" when you don't even own the system.  you're paying for the name.  unfortunately, that's what makes most people buy, is the name.  I'll admit that when I was the subject of repeated burglaries, I almost fell into the brinks/ADT trap.  I'm not trying to bash brinks -- I'm sure they're equipment and monitoring is as good as anyone else -- I just don't like the way they still own your security.
Specializing in Ademco, DSC, DMP, Moose, Napco, and GE Concord and NetworX.
NICET certified - #121764
VESDA certified designer/installer.

brinksboy

• I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2006, 11:55:37 AM »
you have a point about not owning the equipment, however. . .look at it this way.  if you own the equipment, and it breaks, you are responsible for purchasing replacement parts.  if lightning strikes your house (which trust me, from being a tech, its not uncommon) and the whole system is fried, then guess what, the owner is responsible for replacing the parts and all of the charges and cost that comes along.  since brinks owns the equipment, you never have to worry about paying to replace the equipment.  brinks always coveres the cost of damaged equipment.  and if you have the service plan with your monitoring contract, then you dont have to pay for the labor charges involved with having a tech out to repair the system.  

another thing to consider is that if brinks owns the system, and you choose to upgrade it, brinks will replace all components necessary at no charge, however there may be a slight labor fee for this ($100) but if you owned the equipment and wanted to upgrade, not only would you have to buy the new equipment, you would also have to pay the labor rate for the technician to install and reprogram the new system.