+-

Alarm Monitoring

Alarm Monitoring

Members Online

76 Guests, 1 User
murphy62

Alarm Installer Search and Reviews

Myalarminstaller.com

Author Topic: Rollins System VII (ITI) wireless  (Read 3352 times)

RBFS

• I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Rollins System VII (ITI) wireless
« on: August 24, 2005, 10:42:44 AM »
Rollins System VII (ITI) w/wireless 4 sale, Panel, keypad, door/window, glass breaks.

Please email if interested: ohcontraire (insert @) yahoo.com.  (Am trying to avoid spam by not spelling out complete address!). Three glass breaks, innumerable door/window sensors, keypad, and main panel. Make an offer. I am only posting this to help anyone who has this system and needs to replace nonworking components. Don't buy this system for any other reason.

We inherited this with this house. It all worked (may need some batteries, but those were checked less than 6 months ago and low batteries replaced). But because we did not have a programmer pad (the programming was not burned in at the eprom level like preceding systems and could have been changed with proper equipment) we could not get it to communicate with our monitoring service. Everything going to the main panel is wireless. There are compatible wireless glassbreaks and motion sensors still being manufactured, actually--this per a tech that I spoke with at GE who used to design ITI equipment.  But I would not recommend going down that path--this system is best for  folks who need "parts."

The system was OEM'd for Rollins by ITI. The problem is that you need the type of keypad that will allow you to program it. After much debate (we actually found a source for programmers through the gracious help of a forum member) we decided to go ahead and install a new system. If we had had the programmer onboard we would have stuck with this system for a few more years given that there was nothing wrong with it.

I also have an instruction manual online somewhere that I can send.

Christy

Re:Rollins System VII (ITI) wireless
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2005, 02:35:09 PM »
We have a System VII that is just beginning to have a few sensors go bad.  We have been fortunate enough to find a monitoring service that works with it.  We inherited this system when we purchased the house 4 years ago.  The best I can find out is that it was installed in 1996.

We would be interested in your system for parts.  However, I haven't the vaguest idea what to offer.  We would like to keep the system a few more years.  

Is this system still available?

Thanks
Christy

dave

Re:Rollins System VII (ITI) wireless
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2005, 05:04:18 PM »
I'll give you a word of warining and advice:

Rollins ITI equipment will NOT work with any panel but a Rollins panel (and vice versa). They had ITI modify the frequency it transmits at, mainly for equipment and panel security (also job security if you ask me).

Keep this in mind when looking at or locating service spares.