+-

Alarm Monitoring

Alarm Monitoring

Members Online

68 Guests, 0 Users

Alarm Installer Search and Reviews

Myalarminstaller.com

Author Topic: DSC PC1550 - Help this alarm won't stop going off!  (Read 6657 times)

bossmann48

• I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
DSC PC1550 - Help this alarm won't stop going off!
« on: June 06, 2005, 07:06:04 PM »
Hello-  I am very new to forums so bare with me.  I purchased a house that already had an alarm installed (DSC PC1550).  I guess the builder gives the new home owner the option to have the alarm set up with monitoring which the previous owner did not utilize.  All I want is the system to arm/alarm when my wife is home with the kids.  no monitoring needed at this point.  With that said, I have purchased a battery and wired the plug/transformer.  The problem is the moment I give the unit power, the alram goes off and I can not disarm it.  THere are no trouble codes.  Worse yet, I do not have any master or installer codes!!  Can anyone help or offer any tip or tricks?  Any help is much appreciated.  Look forward to hearinf from you. THanks.

Security Monitor

• Security Guru
  • member: International Order of the llamas
    • View Profile
Re:DSC PC1550 - Help this alarm won't stop going off!
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2005, 07:36:01 PM »
Do you have the installation manuals?

If not, you took one heck of a gamble turning on an alarm without any codes.

Did the last owner advertise the home with a working alarm?  If so, call them up and demand they give you the codes to the working alarm.  If they don't have it, have them pay for you to call in a company to program it to your desire and for the company to give you the codes and manuals.  Once you have full control of your alarm, you can do what you want with it.

If that's not an option, when you say the alarm goes off, are you saying the siren just keeps blaring for minutes or are you powering it up, hear the siren and disconnect the power?

LTS

• Security Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2005, 09:51:40 PM »
You can try doing a hardware reset by removing all power from the panel and putting a jumper on the eeprom reset pins on the control panel, reapply power, wait 30 seconds and remove the jumper.

If the systems not locked out all programming will go back to factory default and you will need to reprogram the entire system.

bossmann48

• I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2005, 04:53:34 AM »
Thanks you for getting back to me.  The house was not advertised with home security enabled, but something along the lines of "security ready".  So, I asume that is why the alarm panel never had phone wires or a UPS battery installed.  When I mentioned, the alarm goes off when I supply power, I mean the siren instantly sounds until I disconnect the power. I do not know of any action to reset or disable the siren.  I have downloaded the user guide from the web, but it has not been useful.

I doubt there are codes for the codes anywhere and I would like to reset and start anew.  I have heard about the EEPROM pins, but I am not sure: 1. where the pins are located on the board (I think I see them) 2. do not have a jumper, what could I use to bridge the connections?

I really appreciate the help.  I had a person walk in my back yard the other night while I was sleeping on the couch.  Never saw anything when I turned on the lights, but this got me motivated to get something in place.

LTS

• Security Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2005, 06:25:19 AM »
First, 1550 panels when powered the siren does activate for a couple of seconds,and then stops. It sounds to me thought that the panel was powered down in the armed state. You could try 1234 as a code.

I use a small screwdriver to jump the pins to do reset, just make sure it's not touching other components.

bossmann48

• I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2005, 07:11:56 AM »
I will try and jump with a small screw driver and not touch anything on the motherboard!! The jumper should be 2 pins sticking straight up, like on a PC's hard drive, right?  I tried #1234 and that did stop the alarm from sounding.  

LTS

• Security Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2005, 07:17:14 AM »
If the siren is near the panel you can disconnect one terminal so the siren doesn't blare in your ear.

Remove all power and jump the two pins, then you can even just plug the battery in if thats easier or the transformer, either will work.

Leave the jumper on for awhile, 30 seconds to be sure, remove jumper and see what happens, 1234 will be the master code.

Patidaddy

• I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Re:DSC PC1550 - Help with programming
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2005, 09:41:01 AM »
I have a PC1550 that started acting funky after a close lightning strike. Can somebody help? I have installed and programmed alarm systems before, but only have the users manual, not the installer manual. I have the master code. The system still seems to arm OK, but when the doors opens, the zone light comes on, but there is no audible tone from the keypad. Further it was programmed so that whenever a relay opened, the keypad would chirp. That doesn't occur now either. Is it a programmig value that got messed up? If so how do I re-enable it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.      

bossmann48

• I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2005, 04:32:09 PM »
Ok, I reset the code and the master PIn is now 1234, but the moment I connect the siren, its alarming.  I can not disable the speaker from alarming unless i kill the power to it.  What can cause this speaker to arm the moment power is added?  I can not disable via the keypad.  Any thoughts??

juney_tx

• View Profile
Re: DSC PC1550 - Help this alarm won't stop going off!
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2006, 01:45:52 PM »
Hello Bossmann,

I am having the same problem with having a existing alarm system that  the sirens continue to go off when power is connected.  The previous home owner never gave me a master code or manuals either.

Was your problem resolved yet?  The topic ended with no resolution so I wanted to know how things worked out to try to fix my alarm system.

Thanks.

Security Monitor

• Security Guru
  • member: International Order of the llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2006, 08:47:41 PM »
If you followed the default procedures and it still goes off (not a momentary sound but continuous) the panel may have been armed and in a violated state when it was powered down.  Have you tried defaulting the system? ???

cwareham

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2008, 12:51:51 PM »
Please, if ANYONE comes up with a fix for this problem, PLEASE let me know.  I'm having exactly the same problem and I've been working on it for weeks with no results.  I have done the EPROM reset and reprogramed per the manual, but still the problem persists.

Thanks,
Chris W.

fremont611

• Security Expert
  • You smell somethin'?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2008, 06:56:42 PM »
that is definately a classic lightning strike, on that 1550, if you fire it up with no siren then hook up the siren and it is sounding continually ( like a police siren and not on a few seconds then off then on etc,) go get some butter, cause its toast. if...... on the other hand you are hearing the on then off then on then off siren you might have succesfully reset the defaults and have a door on zone 6 (whch is default fire and that could be triggering the alarm after power up