+-

Alarm Monitoring

Alarm Monitoring

Members Online

56 Guests, 1 User
old

Alarm Installer Search and Reviews

Myalarminstaller.com

Author Topic: ReProgram ADT controller (Aritech Z900)  (Read 5291 times)

ekurtz

• I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
ReProgram ADT controller (Aritech Z900)
« on: March 28, 2005, 11:50:04 AM »
New to the forum and ignorant re security systems.  Bought a home with an intact but long unplugged and unmonitored ADT Safewatch Plus Entrepreneur system w/Aritech Z900 controller.  All stations chime-check OK but idiot predecessor did not leave me the master user code to make the system operational.  I don't want the system monitored, just operational.  How do I go about reprogramming a new master code?  The pocket reference card I found IDs the user code as "1234" despite the operating instruction's warning against using that string.  I'm reticent to try that number for fear of locking the system.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.
GK

dave

Re:ReProgram ADT controller (Aritech Z900)
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2005, 03:31:52 PM »
try it to see if it works, using 1234  as a code will not lock the panel up, and in worst case, if you know the installer code (you can find it online if need be) you can dump out the master code easily.

The panel looks similar to a Z-900, but trust me, almost all the programming fields are different, and a lot of stuff isn't even in the panel's programming at all.

ekurtz

• I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2005, 06:54:44 AM »
Dave,
Thanks for the quick reply.  Glad you picked up on this thread and hope you will continue to monitor it as I attempt to get this system up and running.  May not have time to mess with it today but will in the next few.  Please stay tuned.  Thanks.

ekurtz

• I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2005, 01:16:19 PM »
Dave,
Finally got back at it.  When I plugged the system in the zone lights cycled and the ready light came on as advertised, but a few seconds later the alarm went off and the "zone 5" and "alarm" LEDs lit up.  When I put the trouble template over them it read "failure to communicate."  Is it trying to rewrite the script of "Cool Hand Luke" or trying to call the central station?  If the latter, (as I believe it is) I don't have the phone lines hooked up and don't want them hooked up.  Whadaya think?  Thanks.
Gene

thecrazyhorse

• I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2006, 08:11:17 AM »
Now 4-13-06 and I'm in almost identical situation as poster of a year ago. Bought this house with Z900. Previous owner gave me the code and we used the system for a while. Then it went dead for almost three years. Now I discover a burned out transformer. When replacing it I get lights starting at the bottom and moving up and then starting again at the bottom. I know my tranformer is only 9v, supposed to be 16.5. I'll buy the correct one if I can determine whether I'm going to be able to use the system. I no longer have the user code and I don't get a "ready" light. Is it my 9v transformer that keeps me from getting a ready light? Or is there some way of arming the system with this one to make sure it can be armed? I have touch pads in kitchen and bedroom and found metal box hidden behind wall in garage. Drilled out the lock since I don't have a key. But the lock had no electrical switch anyhow and I've done nothing inside the box except to look at the guts and get the specs for the tranformer. Thanks to any responses.