Alarm Monitoring

Alarm Monitoring

Members Online

77 Guests, 2 Users
AlarmMike,
Flyct

Alarm Installer Search and Reviews

Myalarminstaller.com

Author Topic: XTi Chimes  (Read 372 times)

agolberg

• View Profile
XTi Chimes
« on: November 05, 2013, 11:28:25 AM »
I recently purchased and installed a Simon XTi with 2 touch panels (60-924-RF-TS).  The touch panels do not repeat the standard door open chime that the central unit produces.  If I turn on Voice Chimes in the siren menu those are repeated but not what I'm looking for.  Can anyone help me get the standard "beep" chimes functioning on the touchpads?   I confirmed that the chime option on the touch panels and central unit are set to on.

thanks in advance.

corxxgold

• Security Guru
    • View Profile
Re: XTi Chimes
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2013, 07:47:44 AM »
the keypads will only chime the same way the xti panel will,, so if you have soft bell on panel then the keypads will only do soft bell,,,,, there is also a volume control on the touchscreens if you cant hear the chimes

agolberg

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2013, 11:34:24 AM »
thanks for your repsonse!  I have voice chimes (and doorbell/soft) disabled on the panel under siren options but have Chimes turnd on under settings on both the panel and touch screen.  With this configuration the panel and the hardwired external speaker make the standard chirps when a door is opened, however the reomote touch screens do nothing.  It seems the touch screens will only alert if once of the Voice Chime options is enabled on the panel.

Quarterwave

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2013, 09:54:20 AM »
That has been my experience. If you set it for Voice it should speak the sensor name from the main panel, and then also beep for the remote touchpads. I had a demo setup in the office, and I think I remember doing that to get an indication on both.