Members Online

93 Guests, 4 Users
kpiontek,
antispam,
mrx00,
unplugme71

Alarm Installer Search and Reviews

Myalarminstaller.com

Author Topic: DLS Connection Refused because the panel is busy or access code locked out  (Read 823 times)

bcavender

• View Profile
My 1832 has a TL260 comm module piggybacked and I am able to talk to the TL260 via a keypad wired into the 1832 so it appears the PClink cable and circuitry are working.

The TL260 accepts its DHCP IP address and comes up on the LAN without error LED blinks.

I just downloaded the DSC DLS5 V1.10 software to my notebook and it installed without a problem. (1.3.1304.24001)

When I click on the DLS "connect" button it seems to connect, but when I try to upload the 1832 configuration it errors out with:

Communication Job added to queue at 5:16/14pm
Connecting to  192.168.1.67
GS: Connected to 192.168.1.67
DLS Conection refused because the panel is busy or the downloading access code is locked out.

There are several 'codes' associated with the TL260 and 1832. Does anyone know what code is specifically the "downloading access code"?

I have tried matching codes for about a half day now and cannot get past this Connection Refusal.

I would really appreciate any suggestions to how I can get around this so I can simply back up the configuration on my notebook computer.

Best regards,

Bruce

bcavender

• View Profile
One additional clue:

After connecting DLS5 to the TL260 via the LAN, an upload will successfully take place if I 'uncheck' the PC1832 upload request and attempt an upload of the TL260 data only. So this appears to be a handshake issue when the TL goes to the PC1832 to upload the data.

I have entered a number of different access codes in both the DLS5 software and at the keypad for [403] and [404] but still get the connection refused error.

Trying to upload the PC1832 config without the TL260 upload check fails the same way.

I attempted to get an email into DCS Tech support (tech@dsc.com) as their website state, but I just get a permanent email failure in response.

HELP!!!    :'(

Best regards,

Bruce

bcavender

• View Profile
SOLVED:

Section [401-1] 'Answering Machine/Double Call Enabled'  also enables DLS.
This is not obvious in either the 1832 manual or DLS5 literature.
(Thanks to the DCS factory tech that found this.)

NOTE:  [401-2] 'User can enable DLS Window' must also be on for DLS5 to get the 1832 to respond.

Without these two points being enabled, the PC1832 will refuse connections from the TL260.

BTW...if you get too many refusals, the panel will lock out for 30 minutes. Your option is to wait or cycle panel power.   DLS5 is one nice product for managing panel and comm parameters.

Best regards,
Bruce