+-

Alarm Monitoring

Alarm Monitoring

Members Online

58 Guests, 1 User
cmtmbm

Alarm Installer Search and Reviews

Myalarminstaller.com

Author Topic: Vivint/2GIG Q45/Q44 reset  (Read 10524 times)

murf3030

• View Profile
Vivint/2GIG Q45/Q44 reset
« on: January 16, 2013, 09:22:41 AM »
I really hope I am not re-posting a previous question, but I have searched the forum for the past couple of days with no direct answer to my question.  I have a 2GIG Go Panel from Vivint.  I will be getting rid of Vivint very soon and want to be able to program the panel myself.  Keep in mind that I am new to this alarm stuff, but I am technically savvy and always up for somethign new.

Once I get Vivint (hopefully) to unlock Q44, how do I reset Q44/45 to (0). Step by step instructions would be helpful so that I have everything I need to get it done quickly.

Thanks!

rive

Re: Vivint/2GIG Q45/Q44 reset
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2013, 10:12:19 AM »
Hit the go control/vivint logo at home screen (use home button)
Enter Installer code
Select System configuration
Click "go to"
Enter 43
then change installer code (four digits, write it down/do not forget the new code)
Click "go to"
Enter 44 
then change to "0" disabled 

Repeat for 45
then change to "0"
Repeat for 48
then change to "000000"

Change the Duress Code:
Using the master user code, change the Vivint duress user code ( otherwise, this can be used as any other user code to disarm a non monitored panel)

Hit Security/Menu/Toolbox
Enter master User Code

Select User management
Scroll down to (User 8 ) 'duress user', click it and change pin- Remember User 8 is 'Duress User' using this code on a monitored panel will result in police dispatch. Its better to leave a code here and not delete it

Now your panel is defaulted, download installer/programming guide. This will tell you how to use/access programming and what it does

Programming/installation manuals:
2gig.com/dealer-materials/installation-guides
« Last Edit: May 21, 2013, 04:45:07 AM by rive »

murf3030

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2013, 10:13:48 AM »
Thanks Rive.. I will give it a shot this evening!

Enter Installer code
System comfiguration
Click "go to"
Enter 43 change installer code
Click "go to"
Enter 44  change to "0" disabled 

Repeat for 45 change to "0"
Repeat for 48 change to "000000"

Now your panel is defaulted, download installer/programming guide. This will tell you how to use access programming and what it does

Note call after midnight, and get the free firmware update to v1.9 (1.9.5)

murf3030

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2013, 06:01:06 PM »
Rive,

One last question for you before I call Vivint this evening.  What do you suggest I tell them when I call and what should I be prepared to do to get them to rest Q44?

Thanks!

Enter Installer code
Select System configuration
Click "go to"
Enter 43
then change installer code
Click "go to"
Enter 44 
then change to "0" disabled 

Repeat for 45
then change to "0"
Repeat for 48
then change to "000000"

Now your panel is defaulted, download installer/programming guide. This will tell you how to use/access programming and what it does

Note call after midnight, and get the free firmware update to v1.9 (1.9.5)

rive

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2013, 07:30:09 PM »
Tell them this

You have a back door, you want to change the sensor to perimeter so it is like a window.
Or

You have a motion detector, and want to remove the delay (04)

Or you want to change the sensor names/voice descriptor (rename it)

Also, you want the  new chimes in v1.9, and/or Spanish language, or more user codes as you have extended family coming to stay and 7 user codes isn't enough

murf3030

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2013, 10:16:38 PM »
Rive,

I just called Vivint (12:05 CST).  Told them I needed to change a zone descriptor.  The tech said he didn't know how I could do that from the panel so he just did it manually from the computer.  Doesn't appear that I have the access that I need.  The version update from 1.6 to 1.9 is happening as I type.  Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Tim

Tell them this

You have a back door, you want to change the sensor to perimeter so it is like a window.
Or

You have a motion detector, and want to remove the delay (04)

Or you want to change the sensor names/voice descriptor (rename it)

Also, you want the  new chimes in v1.9, and/or Spanish language, or more user codes as you have extended family coming to stay and 7 user codes isn't enough

murf3030

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2013, 07:58:00 AM »
Thanks Rive, I will give it another shot on Friday or Saturday night.  I looked at my panel this morning and it looks like something happened with the OTA for the version upgrade.  There isn't even a version listed at this point as if something failed.  Thoughts?

murf3030

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2013, 10:25:11 AM »
Thought of another question Rive...   

Above you stated the following: Once they do it by remote access of panel, or walk you through it (this is what you really want), you should be able to go back afterwards and change Q44

If that was the case, after they remoted in and changed my zone descriptor... shouldn't I have been able to have access at that point? If so, I wasn't.

Thanks,
Tim

rive

« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2013, 11:26:52 AM »
You need to have them walk you through the reprogramming. To make sure the lockout timer is reset

You can check it by putting your system on test, and activating the sensor to see what it shows as name, and what is says as audible voice descriptor.

They have to remote the system/do it locally. Any programming will give you access.
(Remoting programming changes through back end of alarm.com may not though)

As for version, is it still updating? Do you see the update symbol/did you see it? Process takes at least 6 hours.

To check version

Menu/toolbox/version

Should be:
Firmware version: v1.9.5. production_en_us...
« Last Edit: January 17, 2013, 11:45:04 AM by rive »

yshhq

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2013, 12:17:27 AM »
I am on the phone for an hour, but they won't set it for me.

rive

« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2013, 05:51:20 AM »
Then trick them into it. Call cust service, tell them you need to talk to tech support. Don't take no for an answer.

CALL AFTER MIDNIGHT  UTAH TIME. (Talking to cust/tech support during day will be a waste of your time.)

Disable the panel's ability to communicate with CS, or the sensors ability to communicate with panel

If you have a motion

It is set for delay entry (10)  and you need it set for interior follower (04)

Or

It is set for interior follower(04) and you want it set for delay (10)

To figure out what you have, arm system away, wait 3 min, and walk in front of motion sensor. If it Immediately alarms its an interior follower, if it gives a  delay countdown its a delay entry.

Option 2

You want to set back door (or interior garage,  or even garage door - whatever works for you) as perimeter instead of entry delay, or vice versa if already set as perimeter, change doors back to entry/delay or entry delay/delay2  (used for garage doors to increase entry delay time)

This all require programming from tech support.  Now to force them to do it locally (which allows you to reset lockouts within 48 hours), remove communication from panel. Either pull SIM from module/unplug tele jack

This may require a physical  tech support visit which should be free as it is a communication issue. Keep in mind to immediately reset lockout after tech leaves, and 24 hours later, go back into programming and reset it to (0) again.

Or remove the transceiver  (rectangle box above cellular module- pull it straight up)so sensors cannot communicate, call customer service/ support tell them you want to put system on test, and have them tell you what they receive when you arm/activate a sensor. (This is called a CS test)

When panel fails to recieve signal from activated sensor/device they will transfer you to tech support, when they remote it, and can't find what is wrong, they may attempt to have you enter programming locally, when that doesn't work to correct issue, they will schedule tech support visit. Either way, you will get your lockout timer reset.

« Last Edit: May 17, 2013, 06:16:08 AM by rive »

Amanda

• Security Pro
  • The DIY Security Chick
    • View Profile
    • suretyCAM security and automation
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2013, 06:48:44 AM »
Interesting ideas! If you don't mind, please post how you end up successfully getting them to reset the lockout timer. People often ask how to do this and we don't know what to tell them.
High Quality, Low Cost, No Contract, DIY Alarm.com
suretyDIY.com

Ryan Boder

• Security Master
  • Security Engineer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2013, 07:10:09 AM »
Hi Rive,

Have you heard of anyone trying the following?

1) Use a firmware update cable to update the Vivint panel to the standard 2GIG firmware.

2) Power on the panel while holding down the home and emergency buttons at the same time to default the programming settings.

Step 1 does not change the programming settings so the panel would still be locked afterward. Step 2 should work if the panel has the standard 2GIG firmware but not with the Vivint firmware. I don't know if either step works on a Vivint panel but I don't have a locked Vivint panel to try this with and find out.
suretycam.com/diy/
suretycam.com/store/

rive

« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2013, 08:03:36 AM »
Hi Rive,

Have you heard of anyone trying the following?

1) Use a firmware update cable to update the Vivint panel to the standard 2GIG firmware.

2) Power on the panel while holding down the home and emergency buttons at the same time to default the programming settings.

Step 1 does not change the programming settings so the panel would still be locked afterward. Step 2 should work if the panel has the standard 2GIG firmware but not with the Vivint firmware. I don't know if either step works on a Vivint panel but I don't have a locked Vivint panel to try this with and find out.

I have, and it won't work with a vivint panel.

Firmware updates do not alter set programmimg

Vivint settings:

Q43 (2203)
Q44(1)
Q45(2) default none

Q45 set to (2) prevents reset of Q's or zones

The  critical aspect is to get the lockout 48 hour timer reset, so Q44/Q45 can be defaulted to (0). A vivint customer that gains installer access must be diligent to keep that access by checking the Q44/Q45 every other day to keep themselves within the 48 hour window if the Q44 parameter is remotely changed.

One thing I have noticed, is that vivint will never remotely reset either Q43 or Q45, so if a user also defaults Q45, then for whatever reason discovers Vivint has reset Q44 and 48 hours has elapsed,  they will still be able to reset all the Q's including Q44 thus regaining programming access

For this alone, it would be wise for a installer access user to make a note of all settings via summary screen that might be different from the 2GIG defaults, or any custom settings they have done themselves in event they need to reset all Q parameters to default.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2013, 08:24:01 AM by rive »

Ryan Boder

• Security Master
  • Security Engineer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2013, 08:08:27 AM »
But would step 2 alter the set programming after doing the firmware update?
suretycam.com/diy/
suretycam.com/store/