Alarm Monitoring

Alarm Monitoring

Members Online

105 Guests, 3 Users (1 Hidden)
Sterling Donnelly,
clambert

Alarm Installer Search and Reviews

Myalarminstaller.com

Author Topic: Vista 20P + Envisalink 3 / Virtual keypad and remote programming question  (Read 1584 times)

Dr_Debug

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
Hello,

I just upgraded my old Ademco Via30+ with a new Vista 20P. I decided to get the EVL-3 from Envisalink to be able to remote control the unit and get email & txt alerts.

So far so good, the Envisalink 3 is doing its job. I can arm/disarm the unit, see the status of each zone and get email & txt alerts. And the best thing is it's without any monthly fee.

Now I'm having a problem. I'm planning exactly the same Alarm System (Vista 20P) with 2 keypads, 13 wireless window door transmitter, 4 wireless Motion sensor for my parents house in another state. My plan was to put the Envisalink 3 into the system to be able to completely remote program the Vista 20P in case support is needed. Problem now, the Envisalink 3 is not capable of doing this. There is no virtual keypad option integrated.

Does anybody know a good solution for remote programming a Vista 20P over the internet?

Thanks !

Debug
« Last Edit: December 29, 2012, 07:24:30 AM by Dr_Debug »

Dino

• Security Pro
    • View Profile
You would need a 2400 Baud modem "Old Hayes or Ademco CIA Modem" and Compass software, and the alarm would have to be hooked up to a land line. From there you could do everything to the panel except setting the address on the keypads.

Dr_Debug

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
Hmm... never thought about the "old" fashion way. I was always thinking about IP solutions.

Land line isn't a problem. Where can I get a compatible modem? How about the compass software, is this software for free?

Debug