+-

Alarm Monitoring

Alarm Monitoring

Members Online

63 Guests, 0 Users

Alarm Installer Search and Reviews

Myalarminstaller.com

Author Topic: DSC PC1832 2 Partiton System, No Alarming of Partition 2 Wireless Devices  (Read 2641 times)

AHE Tom

• View Profile
I have a PC1832 system with two partitions, residence area and office area over a garage.
Each partition has an independent keypad.
Partition 1 - residence is function properly in regards to alarming, resetting, indicating and initiating the zones status and alarms.
Partition 2 garage is not arming, or alarming properly in regards to the wireless devices. The door contacts will indicate functionality of the wireless contact via the keypad chime (PK5500) when the door is opened, but the green ready light (green check light) will not turn off indicating the door is open, the system can also be armed if either door is open.
If I open a hardwire zone that is associated with the partition #2, the green ready light will turn off, and you cannot arm the partition.

I do have the partition mask set in 201 to enable the second partition, and the partition 2 zone assignments set in code 210 (4 hard wired zones 5,6,7 &8), and code 211 (4 wireless zones 13,14,15 &16).
The wireless devices are set to be on the correct zones for partition 2 (13, 14, 15, and 16 is a spare zone)
All zones after zone 16 are 0d out.
I used the 898 code for the Wireless Enrollment Procedure, and all the wireless devices were accepted properly by the system.
If the bases are removed from the smoke detector or the door contacts the partition 2 will indicate a trouble signal, and the partition can not be armed.

As I indicated the wireless devices are communicating with the RFK5500 (in the house) because of the chime signal that is sent to the PK5500 in the office, so I know the wireless devices are communicating with the system.
They (wireless devices) just will not alarm, or indicate on the partition 2 PK5500 if a door is open of if smoke is introduced to the SD.

System Layout:
PC1832 v4.6 NA
1 - RFK5500, part. 1, slot 8 (used for partition 1, residence)
1 - PK5500, part 2, slot 2 (also tried slot 8) (used for partition 2, office area over garage)
Residence Devices:
1 motion sensor (hardwire)
2 door contacts (wireless)
1 smoke detector (wireless)

Office area devices:
1 motion sensor(future hardwire)
2 door contacts (wireless)
1 smoke detector (wireless)

Any ideas as to what could be causing the non indication, and non alarming of the wireless devices in partition 2 under normal conditions (without trouble signal being present) ?

Thanks
Tom

MrRonFL

• Security Guru
  • NICET III #121766
    • View Profile
What zone types did you set?

Did you make any changes to the zone attributes in programming locations 1xx (xx being the zone number), other than turning on the wireless function.

Are you waiting long enough for the exit delay to time out (which still runs in "stay" and "instang" arming modes)?
The Truth of Thermodynamics:
You can't win; you cant' break even; and you can't get out of the Game.

AHE Tom

• View Profile
Thanks for the help, I appreciate it

Zone 13 Door 01 Delay Attribute 1,2,3,4-6-8
Zone 14 Door 03 Instant Attribute 1,2,3,4-6-8
Zone 14 Smoke Detector 88 24hr fire Attribute 1 - - - - - - 8
All zone settings, attributes are identical to the partition #1 setting and attributes that are working correct, The wireless settings for the attributes are set by the code 898 Wireless enrollment, although I did verify that they were the same as the partition 1 settings

The exit delay is the standard 120 seconds, and yes I have waited for that, the system will arm, but if the door is opened an alarm status will not be indicated on the keypad as it would over in the partition 1

I even tried diverting the PC1832, RFK5500, and the PK5500 back to the factory default setting and started over

dilligaff

• Security Guru
    • View Profile
If you have the partition 2 zones enabled in section 202 - 203 (partition 1) The zones will not alarm unless both partitions are armed.
Make sure that the zones are not set to on in sections 202 and 203
BEFORE all else fails

READ THE DIRECTIONS !!

AHE Tom

• View Profile
The partition 2 wireless zones are only enabled in 211, on the last four numbers (- - - - 5,6,7,8)
I am using 210 (- - - - 5,6,7,8) as my partition 2 hard wired zones
I did verify that the zones are not enabled in both partitions, and I also tried to reinstall the wireless devices manually without the use of the code 898 (Easy Wireless Enrollment) that is built into the PC1832, and I get the same problem.

I am wondering if there is something wrong with the programming on the PK5500 keypad that I am missing in regards to the partition 2 setup

I am going to try to revise the partition settings, and slot settings to see what I get

dilligaff

• Security Guru
    • View Profile
If you have made changes to sections 001 & 002 after setting the wireless attribute 8 in sections 1** re-check the attributes because when you enter zone types in 001 - 002 the attributes may be reset to default ( off ).
BEFORE all else fails

READ THE DIRECTIONS !!

AHE Tom

• View Profile
went back and verified that all was set properly and it does the same thing

door contacts indicate they are functioning (beeps when door is opened), but they will not alarm the system in partition 2 if the partition 2 is armed and the door is opened, or if a door is opened you can still arm the system, even though the door is opened

if I set the door contacts to be on a zone in partition 1 they function properly

it must be something between the PK5500 and the PC1832 as far as I can tell

MrRonFL

• Security Guru
  • NICET III #121766
    • View Profile
The keypad is only an interface. 

Somewhere in there, you have at least one partition setting incorrect, but it's not easy to spot with "20 questions" diagnosis.

dilligaff

• Security Guru
    • View Profile
DSC Tech Support's advice when everything has been checked and re checked and the panel does not work right is to default the panel and program the panel from scratch.

If you do this I recommend doing a program work sheet before you start.

Doing a panel default will not erase your wireless programming if you do not default the wireless receiver.
BEFORE all else fails

READ THE DIRECTIONS !!

MrRonFL

• Security Guru
  • NICET III #121766
    • View Profile
That's true.  For some of those programming sections marked "for future use" in the manual, accidentally changing one of those settings can create some pretty bizzare and frustrating glitches.

AHE Tom

• View Profile
Re: DSC PC1832 2 Partiton System, No Alarming of Partition 2 Wireless Devices
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2012, 05:57:37 AM »
Got it working
Yes, I had the worksheet filled out from the beginning
But, it indicates no where that the keypads must be programmed with two different user codes to enable the second partition to function properly, although this makes 100% sense, but there is no mention of it in the worksheet other than in 311 and 312, and this is strictly for the PC1832 and not the keypad it self, then the keypad(s) had t be setup

Anyway, I did that and all works ok now

Thanks for all the help, I really do appreciate it

Tom

dilligaff

• Security Guru
    • View Profile
Re: DSC PC1832 2 Partiton System, No Alarming of Partition 2 Wireless Devices
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2012, 12:46:13 PM »
If you look at programming section 000 on the program worksheet in the installation manual it does show the slot and address programming. Full instructions for the keypad programming are on the sheet that comes with each keypad.
BEFORE all else fails

READ THE DIRECTIONS !!