+-

Alarm Monitoring

Alarm Monitoring

Members Online

32 Guests, 0 Users

Alarm Installer Search and Reviews

Myalarminstaller.com

Author Topic: Looking for advice on creating a system. Educate Me :-)  (Read 4999 times)

Smith Wesson Security

• Security Guru
    • View Profile
    • Smith & Wesson Security Services
Re: Looking for advice on creating a system. Educate Me :-)
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2012, 04:12:21 AM »
You can view cams on a L5100 as well.

There are 100's of cameras that will work.
*****We offer Honeywell equipment, Professional Monitoring, Compass and Total Connect Programming. Tuxedo Keypads, Honeywell panels and parts.
 sawcfl.com

K2

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2012, 03:17:01 AM »
This was a good thread to read with lots of important answers posted, thank you.  It seems the connectivity information for this system (and others) is very hard to come by.  Just so I understand correctly, I have a few related questions to clarify.

The reason I'm looking at this system is so that I can get text messages or an email when the alarm has been triggered. I've done this with my home generator, and my home DVR based home camera system, both notify me of various conditions via email at the moment, so I'd like to do this with my alarm system.

1.  So it appears the Lynx 5100 System keypad is a completely wireless pad (other than AC connection), and All In One with siren included.  I'm assuming I won't have the ability to install a remote siren?  (I currently own a Vista 15p, and setting the keypads up was a PIA, but I was able to connect a remote siren.)

2.  From what I gather, the $75 Wifi Option board (part L5100-WIFI) allows the Lynx to connect to my home system via Wifi, and with the built in web server allow me to control the unit with my android device, presumably through the native web browser.  So if I have know how to turn on Port Forwarding on my home router, and can identify the right ports, I can also control the unit from the internet using an IP or preferred DNS service?

3. Rather than use WiFi, the Lynx 5100's control panel has an ethernet port built into it so that I can connect to my home router with a Cat 5 Ethernet cable?

4.  Is there a link where I can review the installation manuals before buying? 

Thanks in advance. 

Smith Wesson Security

• Security Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2012, 01:52:32 PM »
1. The system is completely wireless, you can add a 5800wave wireless siren to the system
2. Yes
3. NO
4. diyalarmforum.com/Downloads/Ademco/install-manuals/lynx-touch-l5000_install.pdf
« Last Edit: November 02, 2012, 05:17:15 PM by Smith Wesson Security »
*****We offer Honeywell equipment, Professional Monitoring, Compass and Total Connect Programming. Tuxedo Keypads, Honeywell panels and parts.
 sawcfl.com

oolowrideoo

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2012, 07:49:00 AM »
So I now have my system installed and am still working through some of the settings. One thing that has me puzzled (and this may be a dumb question). What is the "User Account" for under IP setup of the Tux? Within my my home network, I can access the Tux via laptop, phone, tablet, etc... without creating a user account. Is the user account used if I'm access from outside my network?

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

oolowrideoo

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2012, 04:12:22 AM »
So I now have my system installed and am still working through some of the settings. One thing that has me puzzled (and this may be a dumb question). What is the "User Account" for under IP setup of the Tux? Within my my home network, I can access the Tux via laptop, phone, tablet, etc... without creating a user account. Is the user account used if I'm access from outside my network?

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

Anyone know the answer to this?

Smith Wesson Security

• Security Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 29, 2012, 01:26:03 PM »
Yes and Both
 sawcfl.com