+-

Alarm Monitoring

Alarm Monitoring

Members Online

97 Guests, 0 Users

Alarm Installer Search and Reviews

Myalarminstaller.com

Author Topic: Two-Way audio communication to central station  (Read 1228 times)

process

• View Profile
Two-Way audio communication to central station
« on: July 25, 2012, 05:58:19 PM »
I have been looking at various options for a DIY wireless security systems.  While researching I spoke to a rep at Alarm Relay who advised me that they charge an extra fee to provide two-way audio communication between the monitoring station and a compatible security panel.

My question is whether or not this feature is worth an extra fee.  At least one configuration I'm considering (powermax pro) can be configured with a secondary speech box which I can install downstairs so that distance to/from a mic and speaker shouldn't be much of an issue.

Alarm Relay said they generally feel that in an emergency situation you may not be near your panel, but our place isn't so big that I think that we would be out of range.

Thoughts about the service compared to keeping your cellphone with you at all times?  Pros/cons?

Smith Wesson Security

• Security Guru
    • View Profile
    • Smith & Wesson Security Services
Re: Two-Way audio communication to central station
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2012, 04:51:41 AM »
We install 2-way voice on every single system we install, it's just an added feature.

It helps with verification.

If the alarm sounds, we access the communication, if we hear screaming or fire blazing we can then immediately dispatch without having to call you first.

Could save your life. In my opinion for the extra couple of bucks its well worth it.
*****We offer Honeywell equipment, Professional Monitoring, Compass and Total Connect Programming. Tuxedo Keypads, Honeywell panels and parts.
 sawcfl.com