+-

Alarm Monitoring

Alarm Monitoring

Members Online

74 Guests, 0 Users

Alarm Installer Search and Reviews

Myalarminstaller.com

Author Topic: GE or Honeywell  (Read 7967 times)

robinred12

• Security Pro
    • View Profile
GE or Honeywell
« on: July 01, 2012, 08:19:02 PM »
Hello, im new to the forum so i'm not sure if i'm posting in the right place but i am going to get an alarm for my house. What i am looking at is the GE concord alarm and getting one extra fixed english and one extra alpha display to have a keypad be each door and in the master bedroom and the other alarm is the Honeywell vista 20p. Again with one fixed english and one alpha for the two other locations.

For the sensors i would need 9 door/window sensors (3 doors 6 windows) and 2 motions (one for dinning room upstairs and one for basement downstairs). it doesn't matter if they are wired or wireless (i would prefer wireless though). I believe that the concord and the vista 20p can or are hardwired and wireless capable.

Thanks Robin. :)

Smith Wesson Security

• Security Guru
    • View Profile
    • Smith & Wesson Security Services
Re: GE or Honeywell
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2012, 03:52:03 AM »
Use the Vista 20 with a 6160rf keypad
*****We offer Honeywell equipment, Professional Monitoring, Compass and Total Connect Programming. Tuxedo Keypads, Honeywell panels and parts.
 sawcfl.com

robinred12

• Security Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2012, 07:24:10 AM »
thanks! Then that keypad make the system wireless right? does that also let you connect wireless keypads to the system now? and how many wireless zones does that give you?

Smith Wesson Security

• Security Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2012, 12:26:42 PM »
yes that keypad has a wireless receiver built into it.
The number of wireless zones is limited by the panel, a Vista 20 supports 40 wireless zones.
Yes you can connect wireless keypads (5828 or 5828v are the most popular) to the system if you use a 6160rf
*****We offer Honeywell equipment, Professional Monitoring, Compass and Total Connect Programming. Tuxedo Keypads, Honeywell panels and parts.
 sawcfl.com

corxxgold

• Security Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2012, 01:52:09 PM »
the concord 4 has a wireless receiver built right into it-- no need get the wireless reciever

BrentD

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2012, 02:37:53 PM »
Honeywell systems are great. You can have them set up with total connect to where you can control your system through a phone, control lighting and incorporate cameras. The Homesecuritystore.com has a kit called the ULT-TOTAL that has everything you would need and also a rf keypad for wireless. If you have any questions you can contact me directly. I hope this helps, have a great day!

Smith Wesson Security

• Security Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2012, 06:02:53 PM »
Once you have your system, call us for programming and Total Connect.
 sawcfl.com

Quarterwave

« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2012, 06:13:10 PM »
GE systems are great too, with advanced interactive through Alarm.com. As mentioned before, wireless in INCLUDED in a GE, not some add on, like others. Concords are my go to for tough installations...so flexible and expandable, and ease of programming.

corxxgold

• Security Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2012, 06:38:05 PM »
Plus to have z wave on a vista. 20p u need to have a tux keypad( 400.00) and total connect 2.0 does not work with the tux keypad.  It will work on the cell phone and the Pc.  With the concord all u need is the alarm.com z wave cell unit

Smith Wesson Security

• Security Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2012, 04:38:06 AM »
Total Connect does not work with a Tuxedo? Really? I guess that the 219 Tuxedo keypads that we have on TC2 must not work.
 sawcfl.com

corxxgold

• Security Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2012, 06:14:24 AM »
No it dosen't work on the Tux keypad itself-- it works from the pc or cell phone-- if you got total connect 2.0 on the tux screen you better tell Honeywell because their trainers don't know that

Smith Wesson Security

• Security Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2012, 06:59:14 AM »
Not sure I understand the point, Tux works fine with TC2 just like any other keypad, also you can ad zwave using a zwave bridge without using the Tuxedo.
 sawcfl.com

robinred12

• Security Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2012, 07:33:31 AM »
For the ge system are there any wireless keypads or touchscreen keypads?

Quarterwave

« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2012, 10:59:32 AM »
For the Concord 4 there are wireless touchpads, they are just basic, like a big remote. Concord 5 I am told will have wired and wireless touchscreens available.

robinred12

• Security Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2012, 10:55:39 PM »
When would the concord 5 come out?