+-

Alarm Monitoring

Alarm Monitoring

Members Online

65 Guests, 0 Users

Alarm Installer Search and Reviews

Myalarminstaller.com

Author Topic: Simon 3- call/text cell phone with alarm  (Read 1643 times)

newbiejosh

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
Simon 3- call/text cell phone with alarm
« on: June 13, 2012, 01:42:53 PM »
Hello,

I have a simon 3 system and I am cancelling my central monitoring service.  I would like to set the system up to call my cell and to also text it if possible to do both but I am having problems. 

I turned off option 4 and entred my cell phone number under option 5. I then set option 13 to "10".  When I tested it my cell phone did recieve a phone call from the system that said to push * for alarm.  But every time I hit star, nothing happens it just keeps reporting the message to push *.

As far as setting it up for text message, I have no idea how to do this or if it is possible.  I think I would set it up on option 43 with my cell phone number again and option 44 as "9" but this didn't work.  It says it is for pagers but I dont know if that works for a cell phone or not?

Thanks for the help!

Quarterwave

Re: Simon 3- call/text cell phone with alarm
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2012, 06:26:45 PM »
Simon 3 is old...it dials, thats it.

It will not text you, is has no connection to a texting server, and any dtmf based system is not text capable.

As far as hitting *....make sure your phone is sending DTMF * when you hit star....some phones have an option to turn this on.

This is a poor method of monitoring...you might as well just not monitor it at all. Not being negative...just shooting straight. I understand what you "want" to do...

corxxgold

• Security Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2012, 06:38:33 PM »
If you upgraded to a Simon xt it has a voice dialer that you can your cell phone with and it will tell you what's in alarm

dano87

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2012, 04:36:51 AM »
If you want something that will text you, check out this link:

http://www.cmrelectrical.com/SMS-alarm.htm