Alarm Monitoring

Alarm Monitoring

Members Online

62 Guests, 2 Users
KevKan,
cherylk

Alarm Installer Search and Reviews

Myalarminstaller.com

Author Topic: Rollins System VII  (Read 881 times)

RollinsSysVII

• View Profile
Rollins System VII
« on: January 30, 2012, 10:31:21 AM »
I have a Rollins System VII that I have transported from my old residence to my new home.  It's been sitting in a box for a decade, but recent circumstances are pushing me to install a security system.  I know it's not up to today's standards, but I'd rather not drop the $$ on a new one as this system is complete with AVM, ext siren, wired panel, wireless control unit, key fob, and about 2 dozen wireless sensors.  I have deployed the panel and 3-4 sensors, but I'm running into some questions. Any advice you can offer is greatly appreciated.

What I know:
- The system's wireless devices are operating at 319.5mhz
- An installer code is not needed
- I have the Rollins technicians manual for the unit.
- I can enter programming mode and added/removed sensors successfully
- It originally called a CS-4000 central station.
- It was monitored by Rollins and then later Ackerman
- It was last monitored about 1999-2000
- The sensor batteries are (amazingly) not giving a low battery error after 15 years..

Also, as I understand it, the ITI SX-V was heavily modified for Rollins and sold as System VI. It appears that the Caretaker Plus is the same model as the Rollins System VII and has minimal modification, if any.

What I want to know:
- Can I use any 319.5mhz devices designed for the Caretaker Plus? If not, how do I determine which devices are compatible and which are not?
- Are there still alarm companies that can monitor this unit?
- What modifications did Rollins make to this unit?
- Can I buy new plastic cases for the sensors? Some of the old ones were in the sun and have yellowed badly. Our new home's trim is gloss white.

« Last Edit: January 30, 2012, 10:35:30 AM by RollinsSysVII »

RollinsSysVII

• View Profile
Re: Rollins System VII
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2012, 10:02:59 AM »
I can confirm that the EV-DWR319 wireless recessed door/window sensor (also sold as the  NX458, IIRC) works just fine on my legacy Rollins System VII system. 

One note: This system and the ITI Caretaker Plus use learn mode to add a sensor when the tamper switch is activated.  This sensor has no tamper switch, but sends a tamper signal when the battery is installed.

dawgdays

• View Profile
Re: Rollins System VII
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2013, 11:11:03 AM »
What I want to know:

- Are there still alarm companies that can monitor this unit?

Mine is currently being monitored by Ackerman, were you able to get it up and running?