+-

Alarm Monitoring

Alarm Monitoring

Members Online

60 Guests, 0 Users

Alarm Installer Search and Reviews

Myalarminstaller.com

Author Topic: ADT Safewatch Pro 3000 - Moved Into New House with System  (Read 5458 times)

gamepawn

• View Profile
ADT Safewatch Pro 3000 - Moved Into New House with System
« on: July 20, 2011, 09:09:59 AM »
I'm new to security systems and only know what I've learned in the past few days researching online. I found this site and searched around for info to help me utilize an ADT Safewatch Pro 3000 system without ADT monitoring.

I have determined that I have:

1 - Vista 20P Panel
3 - 6160 (ADT Branded) Keypads
23 - Wireless Window/Door Transmitters
2 - Wireless Shock Sensors
2 - Wireless Smoke Detectors
1 - Wired CO Detector

I was provided no user codes. However, after my research I found the key to the panel (on top of it) and the installer's programming guide as well as the user's guide.

The programming guide has the installer code written in it, as well as all the barcodes for the wireless devices.

My issue is, the programming guide is difficult for me to understand, because I don't know what a lot of terms mean.

I'm hoping someone here can help me understand how to:

• Create Master User Code
  • Crease Other User Codes
  • Add three glass break sensors (What device and where to purchase. 5800 series wireless I believe.) ( FYI, there is no motion in the house as every window/door has an open sensor, so adding the breaks would, I think, give me free movement around the house and still be secured).
  • Add two key fobs (Away, Stay, Off, Panic)
  • Map "Stay" to trigger alarm on any device EXCEPT one particular door.
  • Program Sensors so they say the right voice when opened. For example, right now I will open the back door and it says "FRONT KITCHEN DOOR". There are many more errors like this.

I understand this isn't a tech support forum for ADT, but truly I've tried to search for these answers in other areas. Most times the question is asked "do you have the installer code?" to which the poster replies "no". So there is no follow up for my circumstance, since in this case I do.

Thanks to anyone for any help with any of the items on my list!

Smith Wesson Security

• Security Guru
    • View Profile
    • Smith & Wesson Security Services
Re: ADT Safewatch Pro 3000 - Moved Into New House with System
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2011, 10:44:22 AM »
Your errors are normal with ADT installed systems. I just did a take over yesterday and when the back door was opened the voice said "laundry room door". The funny part about this is that they didn't even have a laundry room. If you have the installer code and the manual your good to go.
*****We offer Honeywell equipment, Professional Monitoring, Compass and Total Connect Programming. Tuxedo Keypads, Honeywell panels and parts.
 sawcfl.com

russvan

• Security Pro
    • View Profile
    • The Alarm Professor
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2011, 11:25:11 AM »
If you need some help I can download it for you. It just needs to be hooked up to a phone line. You can hand program it but it takes some time and is certianly not an intuitive process from the keypad. Keypad has to be an Alpha keypad to program.

AlarmProfessor.net  206-393-0677
Russ VanDevanter

AlarmProfessor.net

gamepawn

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2011, 12:47:53 PM »
You can download what for me? The compass software? If I have that, is there a manual for the software? Do I need a special modem on my computer?

Thanks!

murphy62

• Security Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2011, 01:03:40 PM »
It sounds like you don't have the User Guide.
You can download it here.

http://www.adt.com/wps/wcm/connect/5496aa804fa0879a877ad7c42acc82f5/3KEN_ug.pdf?MOD=AJPERES

You should also download the Vista 20P documentation.  For the most part the 3000 is the same as a Vista 20P but there are several differences.  For example no zone doubling and only Contact ID reporting is supported.  The 20P manual has a lot more data in it than the 3000 manual does.

gamepawn

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2011, 04:53:36 AM »
Thanks for this.

It does seam to shed some light onto doing some of my bulleted tasks. I'll look for the 20P manual and see if it explains the rest.

It sounds like you don't have the User Guide.
You can download it here.

http://www.adt.com/wps/wcm/connect/5496aa804fa0879a877ad7c42acc82f5/3KEN_ug.pdf?MOD=AJPERES

You should also download the Vista 20P documentation.  For the most part the 3000 is the same as a Vista 20P but there are several differences.  For example no zone doubling and only Contact ID reporting is supported.  The 20P manual has a lot more data in it than the 3000 manual does.

russvan

• Security Pro
    • View Profile
    • The Alarm Professor
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2011, 07:34:16 AM »
You need the ADT Compass downloader to download the SW 3000. I have that downoader.
Russ VanDevanter

AlarmProfessor.net