Alarm Monitoring

Alarm Monitoring

Members Online

97 Guests, 2 Users
KrisM3,
axofsguaf

Alarm Installer Search and Reviews

Myalarminstaller.com

Author Topic: Bought a house with PC1555 system - help disarm  (Read 5757 times)

hazegreen66

• View Profile
Bought a house with PC1555 system - help disarm
« on: July 03, 2010, 06:31:02 PM »
Hi --

I bought a house with a PC1555 system installed and it belongs to me -- ADT confirmed this.

I have no codes and so must leave the entire circuit disabled to prevent the alarm from sounding because it is hard wired.  I'm no electrician and don't have the money to hire one right now.

ADT won't help me unless I sign up for monitoring.  I don't want it now but may change my mind in the future so don't want to rip the thing out.

When I energize the circuit I see the Armed and Trouble lights lit.  I try to get into programming mode using *8 but it beeps at me when I hit * and again when I hit 8 and won't go into the mode.  Then the alarm sounds after a few minutes.

Can someone please help me with a code so I can disarm the system and have my bathroom outlets back?

Thanks,

David

kcsecuritygirl

• View Profile
Re: Bought a house with PC1555 system - help disarm
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2010, 06:41:05 PM »
First, check inside your control panel and see if the Install Manual was left in there. Often the installer's will write the service code in the manual and leave it in the control panel. If you have a service code you should be able to work with the system.

If that doesn't work, DSC uses the model number of the panel for their default service code so if the installing company didn't change it try 1555.

Otherwise the default master code is 1234 so you could try to use that to disarm it or if you're sure its not currently monitored you could try the default duress code of 2580 - this will disarm the system but is not a real code - its meant to send a silent panic alarm to the monitoring center.

Hope this helps!

amesalarm

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2010, 01:34:42 PM »
Huuummm. I was thinking that a*t installers, at least on corporate
owned dealerships, knew absolutely nothing about the programming,
but just installed their 2 homes a day, to be programmed by someone
in their office. Please forgive me if I'm mistaken.

If you need to shut it down, disconnect the low voltage AC transformer (wall outlet), and the big battery inside of the main
control panel.

Magnum Alert

• Pro-Tech Advisor/Moderator
  • Security Guru
  • NICET Certified - Fire Alarm Systems - #121764
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2010, 02:24:12 PM »
Some people have had success with disarming a system with 2580 but make sure you unplug the phone cord from the jack in the panel first.  

You cannot disarm a DSC system using the installer code.  If the ambush code 2580 does not work, your only other options are defaulting the panel or trying to get someone to access the panel remotely via DLS and disarming it that way.  Since DLS requires a proprietary DSC modem, and ADT may have set a lockout code, this is probably not an option.  Defaulting the panel is the next step. 

That will wipe all programming and clear all codes, and the new master code will be 1234.

Some of the ADT systems have their proprietary installer code hardcoded onto the chip, so following a default, the installer code is still ADT's code instead of the manufacturer's.  No big deal, it's easy to search and get.  Let us know what you find out.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2010, 02:28:46 PM by dboyle »
Specializing in Ademco, DSC, DMP, Moose, Napco, and GE Concord and NetworX.
NICET certified - #121764
VESDA certified designer/installer.

Vague

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2010, 03:52:06 PM »
if you want to just default the system, and i think this works on the 1555's,  sometimes it works and sometimes not

- power the system completely down
- take a small piece of wire and screw it into the terminals marked zone 1 and PDM
- power the system up again
- let it stay on for about 10 seconds
- power it down and remove the wire
- power it back up.

the system should be defaulted now with the master code being 1234 and installer code of 1555. from this point, you can would be able to program it how you wish.
5+ years of Low-Volt work and the only thing I truely know... I HATE central vac!

- Ademco, DSC, Caddx, Concord, DMP, Radionics, Napco - Burg, CCTV, Fire, A/V, PoTS/VoIP, Cable

Radioman91764

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2010, 02:05:09 PM »
On most DSC panels if you hardwire default the panel it will reset everything.  If when you power it up and hear the relay clicking, it means the previous installers has done "and installers lock-out.  So everything will be reset except for the installers code.  I just ran into that today on a PC-1555MX or Power 632 as it known.  And finding out the installer's code of any given company can be hard, I am looking now for the code myself.  I know ADT's code.