+-

Alarm Monitoring

Alarm Monitoring

Members Online

74 Guests, 1 User
G35Rider

Alarm Installer Search and Reviews

Myalarminstaller.com

Author Topic: Adding door/motion sensors/programming Vista 20P  (Read 4993 times)

lithiumcobalt

• View Profile
Adding door/motion sensors/programming Vista 20P
« on: June 29, 2010, 09:05:01 AM »
OK, ya'll I have an ADT Vista 20P system and want to add 2 door sensors and 2 Honeywell IS2535 motion sensors.  The door sensors are the plunger type.  Everything is hardwired.  I have a 6150 and 6160V keypads.  I think I pretty much understand the wiring that needs to take place (homeruns on all sensors).  I currently have two door sensors and one motion already activated.  My question is, how do I program the panel in order to add the new motions/door sensors?  I looked at the programming manual and there seems to be a buttload of different parameters.  All resistors have been installed in the panel.  Thanks in advance for any info.

murphy62

• Security Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Adding door/motion sensors/programming Vista 20P
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2010, 10:13:44 AM »
The resistors are supposed to be at the sensor location.  They serve no useful purpose when installed in the panel.
Do you know the installer code?  If you do, DO NOT mention it on this forum. 
You must use the 6160 keypad.  Study the *56 menu.  Get the Vista 20P manual.  It goes into much more detail than the ADT manual does.

lithiumcobalt

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2010, 10:43:40 AM »
OK, it's no big deal for me to move the resistors to the sensor location, but does that require changing the panel parameters?  ADT installed the resistors in the panel originally so that is the way I left it.

I think I have the installer code written down so taht shouldn't be a problem.

I have the genuine 20P manual and have looked over the *56 menu.  I guess my question, more specifically, is what parameters should the devices have in that menu?  I assume they should be the same for all door sensors and the motions should all be consistent as well.  Anyone have a default or standard parameters list for these two devices?

MmmDee

• Security Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2010, 11:03:39 AM »
Motion sensors are typically configured as zone type 04 (interior follower) so that they're inactive during the STAY mode of arming but active during AWAY mode.  Normal entry/exit doors are zone type 01 which allows them to have an entry and exit timeout.  Non-entry/exit doors typically are configured as type 03 (perimeter) so that they will trigger an alarm as soon as the door is opened (just like windows) in any armed mode.  And before you ask, there is NO arming mode or programming method to eliminate the exit delay on the doors during arming without eliminating the exit delay used during exiting the house.  Entry delays are eliminated in INSTANT and MAXIUM arming modes.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2010, 12:43:58 PM by MmmDee »