+-

Alarm Monitoring

Alarm Monitoring

Members Online

61 Guests, 1 User
bramfrank

Alarm Installer Search and Reviews

Myalarminstaller.com

Author Topic: FBII XL4600SM + XL-2 Alarm System Default Reset  (Read 5225 times)

kenan

• View Profile
FBII XL4600SM + XL-2 Alarm System Default Reset
« on: June 12, 2010, 08:54:36 PM »
Hey, so this is my problem. I am a new buyer of a house with an installed alarm system. Unfortunately, the past owner didn't give me the password they were using so I decided to reset the system to default setup. I located the XL-2 board, disconnected power, shorted necessary points on the board as per the manual, connected power and removed shorts few seconds later. Then, when I came back to XL4600sm numberpad, the alarm and horn went off. STAY light is solid red, ARM is blinking red and READY is blinking green. I tried turning the alarm off with the default code (presumably 1234) with no success. I have repeated this process few times thinking I did the default reset incorrectly but with the same results. I would appreciate any advice or help regarding this as my alarm system is completely useless right now as I had to disconnect the horn with the keypad still blinking red.

Magnum Alert

• Pro-Tech Advisor/Moderator
  • Security Guru
  • NICET Certified - Fire Alarm Systems - #121764
    • View Profile
Re: FBII XL4600SM + XL-2 Alarm System Default Reset
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2010, 05:28:54 PM »
according to the manual, when you default the panel, the siren does sound for ten seconds and then stops.  does it go on longer than that?

Disconnect the zone wires, it could be that something is shorting out the panic circuit.

Specializing in Ademco, DSC, DMP, Moose, Napco, and GE Concord and NetworX.
NICET certified - #121764
VESDA certified designer/installer.

kenan

• View Profile
Re: FBII XL4600SM + XL-2 Alarm System Default Reset
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2010, 09:03:25 AM »
Yes, I realized the manual said the siren should sound for 10 seconds but I waited a minute every time I reset it and the horn was still going. I will try disconnecting the zone wires over the next weekend. Any idea why the STAY light is red when I default reset it?