Alarm Monitoring

Alarm Monitoring

Members Online

37 Guests, 2 Users
AlarmMike,
Captain303

Alarm Installer Search and Reviews

Myalarminstaller.com

Author Topic: ADt alarm sensor open message  (Read 4562 times)

tmh

• View Profile
ADt alarm sensor open message
« on: May 31, 2010, 05:00:31 AM »
I have and adt alarm which we no longer have monitored.  The alarm pad is constantly showing "sensor back door open" after we have opened and closed the door.  So even when closed it shows on the board it is open.  the only way to get the light to go away is to take the batteries out of the sensor and but them back in or to roll them around a bit.  I have changed the batties several times thinking the batteries were dead but the next time we open the door again and shut it , it will still show back door open.  any suggestions on what could be triggering this.  I checked the alignment of the sensor, the distance of the parts and they are fine.  I did pull the sensor off and found some corrosion in the device right at the battery terminal and brushed that off thinking that was the problem bit it still did not work. Not sure if I can buy a new sensor since we no longer have service from ADT.

MrRonFL

• Security Guru
  • NICET III #121766
    • View Profile
Re: ADt alarm sensor open message
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2010, 05:12:11 AM »
Which alarm _model_ do you have?  ADT doesn't make hardware, they rebrand other makers' hardware.  Some are easier to replace wireless devices than others.

Also include whether you have a full alphanumeric keypad, or the fixed english keypad; most of the systems ADT uses cannot be programmed with the fixed alpha keypads.
The Truth of Thermodynamics:
You can't win; you cant' break even; and you can't get out of the Game.

tmh

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2010, 02:59:19 PM »
I have the numeric pad.  I'm having a hard time finding what brand of hardware  is used, I only see the ADT logo on the alarm pad. It says on the inside of the panel door, Version 2, and also 422-1891 REV F. I dont know if that helps at all.   

MrRonFL

• Security Guru
  • NICET III #121766
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2010, 04:13:33 PM »
Let's try a different tack:
Is this an "all in one system"?

If not, do you know where the metal box with the motherboard and battery are?  The label that's on the inside of the door of _that_ box will be the system model number.
The Truth of Thermodynamics:
You can't win; you cant' break even; and you can't get out of the Game.

PGiller

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2010, 11:49:48 AM »
I have a similiar system (ADT 422-1891 rev f Version 2); the system keeps beeping and giving me an audio that describes a sensor problem with the front door.  I've replace batteries on that wireless alarm sensor and on the main board, but cannot get the system to re-set.  It is not on a monitoring contract, but I'd like it to announce door openings as it did weeks ago.

If anyone knows of a default means to reset a password, that would help.  The former house owner did not pass this on to me, and I cannot reach him.  Thanks!

This post as been edited by Administrator for link purposes
« Last Edit: November 19, 2010, 07:53:41 PM by admin »