I'm trying to figure out how to use the security system in our new home. Yesterday afternoon, I figured out the master code and was able to test drive the system and understand the setup.
Today, the keypads had no power. I had a look inside the control panel and discovered that a red wire coming from the power source was not plugged in. Presumably I had been running on battery power. Its companion black wire was plugged in.
So I plugged the red wire into the hole marked "AC" (farthest on the left) and fired it up. Now I'm getting the error "Keybus fault -- call for service".
I've cut the power and unplugged the red wire again -- now I'm wondering what the heck I just did and if I've damaged the panel or otherwise screwed things up. (!)
Clearly the unit needs a power source other than the battery. Should the red wire be plugged in somewhere else?
I'm attempting to post an image as well.
Thanks in advance for your help.