Alarm Monitoring

Alarm Monitoring

Members Online

55 Guests, 2 Users
G35Rider,
lawren52

Alarm Installer Search and Reviews

Myalarminstaller.com

Author Topic: NX-8 Installer Code Reset  (Read 6740 times)

spudray

• View Profile
NX-8 Installer Code Reset
« on: March 28, 2010, 10:40:57 AM »
I recently purchased a house with an NX-8v2 security system.  I was given a code to arm/disarm etc.  Everything works fine.  Was able to add users and do various keypad based tasks.  I started investigating the possibility of expanding the system to add more motion detectors.  Was about to purchase an NX-586 connector, when I came across the concept of the "programming code".  What I have apparently discovered is that the 9-7-1-3 default installer code must have been changed by the installation company.  As they have long ago gone out of business, there is likely no way to obtain this code. 

Is this system a brick without it?  Can I do anything with an nx-586 and dl900 software.  It would appear that there is not much chance to reset this to default, based on the posts I am finding.

Any help would be appreciated.

fostiras

• Pro-Tech Advisor/Moderator
  • Security Guru
    • View Profile
    • SMS controllable thermostat
Re: NX-8 Installer Code Reset
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2010, 02:16:42 PM »
Hi spurdray and welcome to our forum,
there is no user option to default codes on this panel. The most significant code is the download code which is 8 digits long (default is 8480000) and is used for DL900 - NX-586/8 communication. Even if you knew the program (installer) code your panel might be locked for local (through keypad) programming. You have the following options :

1. Buy an NX-586(RS232) or NX-588(USB) interface and the NX unlocker software ($99).

http://www.nxunlocker.com

2. Connect your panel to a working land line and let me modem-connect to your panel. There might be a chance your download code is the default (without a callback option enabled), so I could also default your program code to 9713 and disable the local programming lock if enabled. You could save money for the NX-586/8 interface (my service to you is free).

3. If I find the download code to be changed (from the previous step) then you have to purchase an NX-586/8 interface. Download a trial demo of Taltech's TCPcom software and install it on a PC or Laptop.
With this software I would be able to "see" your COM port as one of my physical ones on my computer. Keep tcp port 1000 forwarded and open through all firewalls you might have.
Before all, make sure to also install DL900 software and be able to communicate with the panel until the “Incorrect control access code!” window/message shows up. The COM port used for this short communication with your panel must be used inside TCPcom software. It will be the COM port shared to me. TCPcom software must run as a server service on your side. Again the unlocking of your panel is free.

george
« Last Edit: March 28, 2010, 03:27:05 PM by fostiras »
George Karavasilis

Industrial Automation
Thessaloniki - Greece

easyhomeplus.gr/default.asp?LangId=46

fostiras

• Pro-Tech Advisor/Moderator
  • Security Guru
    • View Profile
    • SMS controllable thermostat
Re: NX-8 Installer Code Reset
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2010, 02:45:40 PM »
Some people have kindly asked me to send them the NX unlocker software, believing that I am using it for the unlocking process and because they feel uncomfortable when a stranger (me) connects to their computer and panel. The truth is I don't use either NX unlocker nor any other piece of software. The NX unlocker is a tool targeted for professionals. DIYers, individuals in this forum can always rely on my unlocking help for free as soon as they at least know one user code as an indication of being the panel's owner.

I prefer to personally do this job instead of creating a free unlocking software not for credits - as helped people usually don't post a few kind words inside the forum - but to not jeopardize the security of the panels.

As I have posted before I never announce the codes I find registered in the panel's memory for obvious reasons. So does the NX unlocker software. I also clear all phone numbers from the communicator's configuration.

Regards
george
George Karavasilis

Industrial Automation
Thessaloniki - Greece

easyhomeplus.gr/default.asp?LangId=46