Members Online

66 Guests, 4 Users
Rsilvers,
andrewe,
Almany,
gpburdell

Alarm Installer Search and Reviews

Myalarminstaller.com

Author Topic: Programming Safewatch Pro 3000  (Read 7635 times)

MartinH

• View Profile
Programming Safewatch Pro 3000
« on: December 30, 2009, 11:50:21 AM »
ADT want to send a technician out at a cost of $145 to do a simple programming change and will not give me the information......so can anyone help? I have 2 Touchpads, one at the front door and one in the master bedroom. When the alarm system is on and someone enters the front door, both touchpads beep until turned off. How can I stop the touchpad in the bedroom from beeping and have the one at the front door be the only one to beep?

esl

• Security Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Programming Safewatch Pro 3000
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2009, 02:24:45 PM »
Do you have the installer code? It is required. Also, if you only have a Safewatch Pro 3000 (Honeywell 6150) keypad, you would have to program blind without word indications on the screen as on the Honeywell 6160 Alpha Keypad.
I do not claim to be an expert. Always verify information with a professional.

KSSPA

• Pro-Tech Advisor/Moderator
  • Security Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2009, 05:07:21 PM »
 Assuming one were to have the necessary code, how would you silence the entry delay? (other than smashing the piezo in the keypad)

MartinH

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2009, 06:43:40 PM »
I do have the keypads with the screen. However I do not have the installer code. Would it be in the control box or is it something the installer should have given me?

KCTech

• Security Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2009, 06:47:24 PM »
You can silence the keypad in programming in section 190 for keypad address 17, 191 for keypad address 18, etc., at least that's the way all of the Vista series panels are.  The only keypad you cannot silence is address 16.  Also, you do not need a programming keypad to do so.  

On a side note, I would not recommend changing anything in programming until you check with ADT and make sure that it is not a breach of contract to do so.

KCTech
Good security is never cheap, and cheap security is never good.

It's better to have a security system, and not need it, than need a security system, and not have it.

KSSPA

• Security Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2009, 07:16:08 PM »
I do have the keypads with the screen. However I do not have the installer code. Would it be in the control box or is it something the installer should have given me?

Neither, the installer code is proprietary to the installing company. Companies usually do not give this information mainly because a customer could change programming that could result many problems, like causing the system to stop functioning properly or sending signals with the wrong account information.

murphy62

• Security Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2009, 05:45:42 AM »
Do you own the system or does ADT own it?
If ADT owns it, you can not change anything.  Check your contract to see if the customer owned box is checked.

You may find the installation manual inside the main box.  Check on top of the box for the key.
If the manual is there, it will have the installer code in it.  DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES MENTION THAT CODE ON THIS FORUM.  No my caps lock is not on by accident.

KSSPA

• Security Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2009, 12:41:30 PM »
It doesn't really matter who owns it, if ADT still monitors it you aren't supposed to make any programming changes. I certainly agree changing keypad beeps is not a big deal, it's the fact that an inexperienced person could easily change something else without realizing it.

stebs

• Security Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2009, 04:23:45 PM »
If you are under monitoring with ADT, I would avoid trying to get the installer code from the system. Last I heard, anytime programming is accessed on an ADT system, the panel sends an "Installer on Premises" signal to ADT. If they don't have someone scheduled to be there, they call the police dept. Not sure if they still do that, but you are forewarned...

MartinH: are the keypads regular keypads with normal buttons or are they touchscreen keypads. If they are touchscreen keypads, try turning the volume down on the one in the bedroom.touch more options and then setup, and drag the volume slider down.  If they are regular keypads, i dont see why they cant just make the change remotely. Also, if they are touchscreen keypads, field 190 will do nothing for you.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2009, 04:29:16 PM by stebs »

KSSPA

• Security Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2009, 05:59:52 PM »
Does the vista have the capability to send a signal when programming is accessed?

When I worked there we never enabled any such reporting

stebs

• Security Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2009, 11:16:00 PM »
Does the vista have the capability to send a signal when programming is accessed?

When I worked there we never enabled any such reporting

The standard vista panels do not have that reporting option that I know of. However, since ADT uses proprietary software, it would not surprise me if they had provisions on their systems to do that reporting. I havent gotten ahold of any of their panels to play with yet.

Magnum Alert

• Security Guru
  • NICET Certified - Fire Alarm Systems - #121764
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2010, 07:23:16 AM »
The 3000EN I have doesn't send a signal when programming is entered.

The new revision 9 Vista 128 and 250FB panels do this by default to meet the new standards for UL fire systems.  They even do it when there's no account information.  So, if you just installed the system and you power it up and get into programming for the first time, it shows "Notifying Cntrl Station" and does nothing until it goes into comm failure and the dialer quits.  Takes about 15-20 minutes.  Gotta love Honeywell.

We have a local competitor who has a different installer code for each system and it's all DMP equipment.  They program the default installer code as a duress specifically to keep people from accessing programming.  We do a lot of takeovers and nobody's really happy with them.  I've got a locked-out DMP panel downstairs soon to be dumpster food.
Specializing in Ademco, DSC, DMP, Moose, Napco, and GE Concord and NetworX.
NICET certified - #121764
VESDA certified designer/installer.

esl

• Security Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2010, 08:52:29 AM »
They program the default installer code as a duress specifically to keep people from accessing programming. 

Sounds to me like the police wouldn't like them much either. I would gladly direct any fines to them.
I do not claim to be an expert. Always verify information with a professional.

KSSPA

• Security Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2010, 11:28:57 AM »

The standard vista panels do not have that reporting option that I know of. However, since ADT uses proprietary software, it would not surprise me if they had provisions on their systems to do that reporting. I havent gotten ahold of any of their panels to play with yet.

Every ADT panel I ever installed was a standard, rebranded panel. The only difference was they were pre-loaded with the ADT default programming options.