+-

Alarm Monitoring

Alarm Monitoring

Members Online

85 Guests, 0 Users

Alarm Installer Search and Reviews

Myalarminstaller.com

Author Topic: How to connect fire sprinklers to dsc Alexor alarm?  (Read 6177 times)

Magnum Alert

• Pro-Tech Advisor/Moderator
  • Security Guru
  • NICET Certified - Fire Alarm Systems - #121764
    • View Profile
Re: How to connect fire sprinklers to dsc Alexor alarm?
« Reply #30 on: February 20, 2010, 01:33:38 PM »
Well yes, because on 208/277/480 3-phase, I guess the inductive fields around the conductors cancel themselves out  ;D

Just make sure you tie the zone (-) to the neutral on the three-phase if it's a Y system.
Specializing in Ademco, DSC, DMP, Moose, Napco, and GE Concord and NetworX.
NICET certified - #121764
VESDA certified designer/installer.

Quarterwave

Re: How to connect fire sprinklers to dsc Alexor alarm?
« Reply #31 on: March 10, 2010, 06:42:01 AM »
To update my ramblings...

I visited the building to follow up and the lessee advised the owner advised it was unnecessary to have the flow switch hooked up. He apparently knew that it was originally hooked up as a "courtesy" extra feature, but they were not required to have it. I think the owner may have, at the time, known the installer, but doesnt deal with them now. At any rate, we together have deduced that the output of that switch was not working with the old system either, and had been programmed out but not unhooked. I left the shutdown valves hooked up, so if someone shuts off the water supply it will have the monitoring center call them. I also tried to get them to let me put a couple smokes in the offices...but they aren't worried about it I guess. Case closed.