+-

Alarm Monitoring

Alarm Monitoring

Members Online

56 Guests, 1 User
old

Alarm Installer Search and Reviews

Myalarminstaller.com

Author Topic: DLS IV - Now Released!  (Read 6682 times)

shermaniiv

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
DLS IV - Now Released!
« on: July 22, 2009, 01:34:12 PM »
DSC has released it's April Fool's DLS IV today.  I downloaded and did some light programming of my 1864 earlier.  I haven't had a chance to fully evaluate it yet but so far it looks nice.

The installer is cake.  I does require SQL Express and some other Microsoft components.  If you are running any version of SQL Express I would use caution to avoid over writing your databases.

I have not installed it on a machine currently running DLS 2002 but I don't think they would fight since the program appears to have been completely rewritten.  Just don't run them concurrently as they will fight over COM ports.

The layout and ease of use is amazing.  Everything is logically split up and it even includes a function where you can search for a field rather than poking around.  The interface has a very clean and up-to-date look.  It includes a chip flashing utility and other fun toys.

Anyone else play with it yet?  Thoughts?

george6488

• Security Guru
  • It's easier to ask for forgiveness than permission
    • View Profile
Re: DLS IV - Now Released!
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2009, 05:55:03 AM »
I had not heard about this updated software being released for general use.

Is this a beta version?

Where did you download this?

shermaniiv

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2009, 07:02:01 AM »
I downloaded it direct from the download section of dsc.com.  It didn't say anything about being beta.  It was just released on 7/22/09.

The download is just an auto installer.  When you run it it will download the rest of the needed software.

There is no need to download any drivers manually, the auto update will download anything you need.

george6488

• Security Guru
  • It's easier to ask for forgiveness than permission
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2009, 08:39:48 AM »
My log-on to the DSC is not working. I have sent an inquiry to customer service.

I will just have to wait to get at the new software.

ddruker

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2009, 07:15:12 PM »
It would be fabulous if you could send a copy to one of the forum moderators so they can put in the download section of the site for those of us who DSC won't give out accounts too...

DairyFarmer

• Security Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2009, 07:48:35 PM »
It would be fabulous if you could send a copy to one of the forum moderators so they can put in the download section of the site for those of us who DSC won't give out accounts too...

Yeah ... that would be nice since I don't have an account either ;D

.diablo.

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2009, 11:58:13 PM »
hello,

is it possible to import DLS3 account file into DLS4? I have hundreds of accounts in DLS3 and it would be hard to recreate them in DLS4 :(

thanks

SactoBob

• Pro-Tech Advisor/Moderator
  • Security Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2009, 09:12:43 AM »
The problem with that is first if DSC requires a login/registration we'd be essentially distributing "pirate" software, obviously not going to happen. Second, having a static file here would add to the volunteer moderator work because as with most new software they may be issuing updates/patches and we'd have an old version here unless we're constantly updating it. Better to just go to their website, follow their directions and get a login.