+-

Alarm Monitoring

Alarm Monitoring

Members Online

66 Guests, 0 Users

Alarm Installer Search and Reviews

Myalarminstaller.com

Author Topic: ADEMCO zone delete  (Read 5567 times)

cwohayes

• View Profile
ADEMCO zone delete
« on: November 28, 2004, 04:31:58 PM »
I have just moved into a house with an alarm system. The label on the inside of the box says VISTA 20 AMT3. I am using the Vista 20 SE manual. There are 3 doors/zones which work fine but it is also showing a fourth door/zone which does not exist and this extra zone is hanging up things.  I can bypass it but how do I delete this zone from the system? Thanks.

dave

Re:ADEMCO zone delete
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2004, 04:49:30 PM »
that's the securitylink/ameritech version of the panel, it has a few oddities in programming compared to a straight vista....

if it's hardwired just jump the zone out with a resistor, if RF, you'll need an alpha keypad to see what you're doing, otherwise I'm not sure which way to tell you how to delete it

cwohayes

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2004, 06:24:38 AM »
Thanks for the reply Dave. I know nothing about alarm systems but there are no other door or window sensors in the house that I have seen. Do you know if there is a Securitylink/Ameritech manual out there somewhere or is this proprietary material? I suppose the next step is to call an alarm bubba to come out and troubleshoot this?

dave

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2004, 07:11:00 AM »
it's close to a regular ademco panel but there are a few subtle differences, such as being able to change the code and some of the macros come preprogrammed (if I'm remebering the right panel). Is the missing device or other devices hardwired? Do you already have an alpha keypad?

cwohayes

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2004, 03:34:02 PM »
The keypad is a Galant 6128 RFH and I was able to find the user manual for it.

dave

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2004, 04:18:51 PM »
So is it a securitylink/ameritech, and is the device wired or wireless?

that part # looks to me like a 6128 keypad, private label, possibly with an integrated rf reciever, but sight unseen, I'm not 100%, I do better with the sight of all of the panels we  ;) inherited on accquisitions

cwohayes

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2004, 03:21:19 PM »
It's wireless. I have pictures of the inside of the control box, the keypad and the schematic in the box lid. Would any of those help? I could pop the front panel off of the keypad and get a picture of that also.

dave

« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2004, 06:21:04 PM »
do you know the service code (installer)? have you tried 'back dooring' into programming? (power down/back up then hit * + #) to get into programming?

If that works, go to *56 and then hit * till it says 01 (zone 1) then enter the zone # you need to delete, * then press * about 2 times, till you see either a 01 or 03 (zone type) then hit 00, and then * your way until the display shows the next numerical zone, then hit 00, then *99 to exit programming. If you have the programming sheet, the * just bumps you a space in programming in case you're wondering/following,

cwohayes

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2004, 04:56:02 PM »
I have 3 programmed zones 10, 11 and 12. OK, power up I get d1, *# and I get 20, enter *56 and see 01, enter 09* (the zone I want to delete) and get a blank screen. enter * again and get 00 enter * and get 05 * again and get 05, enter * and get 10, enter *99 I get a blank screen and no lights. I have to be screwing something up here. No smoke yet though

dave

« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2004, 05:53:13 PM »
'zone' 09 on that panel is a wireless reciever supervision, so that definately is not the zone you are looking to delete. when you got to the '10' after *'ing your way to it, then * your way to the next zone (10, the second 10 you'll see) you'd hit 00, then *99 to exit programming......

dave

« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2004, 05:54:03 PM »
do you happen to have a program sheet for the panel? it'd be easier for me to explain if you had one.....

cwohayes

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2004, 06:14:06 AM »
Thanks for your patience. I have a programming form, installation instructions and a user manual for the Vista 20se and user instructions for the 6128RFH keypad.

cwohayes

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2004, 02:04:19 PM »
Dave, I received an envelope from Honeywell with an AM100 user's manual in it. If you sent it, I sure appreciate it. What next?

cwohayes

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2004, 05:34:12 PM »
Using the AM100 manual I am able to set the alarm system, bypass zones, etc but whatever I do, it starts a check 09 alarm after a minute and I can't make it stop. I know 09 is an expansion module supervision. I dont know what it means but I do know that you can't bypass it and you can't shut it up. Any suggestions?

dave

« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2004, 06:02:46 PM »
If you got a check 09, that means that you had more likely than not, a reciever fail....

Check the pigtails on the keypad and at the control, I'm not sure what else to tell you to look at for the reciever end of it, it could be integrated into the keypad, remote, or at the can. Unless there was something else in the system...like a relay card, hardwired zone expander, and they're gone now, the only thing left is the wireless reciever went south...