+-

Alarm Monitoring

Alarm Monitoring

Members Online

56 Guests, 0 Users

Alarm Installer Search and Reviews

Myalarminstaller.com

Author Topic: Whats the best pet immune motion detector  (Read 2413 times)

chris@contral

• View Profile
Whats the best pet immune motion detector
« on: November 01, 2008, 04:58:12 PM »
I have Opteks that are supposed to ignore pets up to 40 lbs. I have a 12 lbs Dachshund that keeps tripping them.These were pretty cheap and i think i need to step it up.Any recommendations?

amesalarm

Re: Whats the best pet immune motion detector
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2008, 02:46:04 PM »
There are no pet proof motion sensors...only pet resistant motion sensors. Also, the pet "rating" that
a manufacturer gives a product assumes that the pet stays in one horizontal plane (like on the floor).

I see that you posted on this before. With any motion sensor, you're going to have to mask the areas
where the dog goes vertical, relocate the sensor(s), or both. And NO, you cannot mask the bottom
x feet of the room, unless your sensor has a pet alley lens (usually special order these days...and not
available for most motion sensors).

chris@contral

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2008, 04:17:47 PM »
I actually unhooked the motion where the chair is that the dog was jumping on.all was good for about a week,but yesterday it tripped again in another room. The dog goes ballistic when ever someone comes to the door. I'm going to try a Honeywell IS2535 with a pet alley lens.

amesalarm

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2008, 07:36:52 AM »
That's probably a good plan.

As an alternative, there's always the old "brick on rollerskate wheels" which is attatched to the pet's
underside with a comfortable full body harness. Good for cats and small dogs.  ;D