Alarm Monitoring

Members Online

79 Guests, 3 Users
jonathanm,
Flyct,
demianph

Alarm Installer Search and Reviews

Myalarminstaller.com

Author Topic: DSC 1832 Locked out of keypad  (Read 1909 times)

sctim

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
DSC 1832 Locked out of keypad
« on: November 01, 2008, 10:35:08 AM »
Replaced an old system (used existing sensors and wiring) with a DSC 1832, 2 PK5501 key pads. I have 7 zones, 4 motion, 3 door contacts, jumped zone 8. Completed worksheet. Turned power on and keypads had open door icon. Couldn't get anything to change, so shut power off.
Restored power and was able to enter time OK.
Noticed that the keypads did not beep.
Now one keypad shows program icon with no lights. I use # key and get ready light, but when * key is used recycles to program icon.
The other keypad shows open door icon with steady ready light, but again can not enter any commands. Powering down did not help this time.
I've looked thru this forum but nothing has helped so far. Appreciate your respones.
Thanks, really need your help.  sctim

george6488

• Security Guru
  • It's easier to ask for forgiveness than permission
    • View Profile
Re: DSC 1832 Locked out of keypad
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2008, 11:09:28 AM »
Have you programmed the new panel? Have you setup the zone definitions and attributes for each zone? If not monitored, then you should turn off the TLM (telephone line monitor) so you do not get an error.

Please let us have more info on how you have programmed the panel so far....the system is not plug and play.

sctim

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2008, 02:15:34 PM »
As far as programming. I've set the time. Set the Partition and slot for one keypad as 18 and the other 11. Set the definitions for the seven zones. Set system entry/exit times and bell cut off time. I'm not using resistors, so set Normally Closed Loops to ON and disabled the TLM. Shouldn't the keypad have beeped at points during programming? It never did.   From there it went all down hill. I not sure if I enrolled the keypads properly, but I can not get into the system to check anything.
Thanks

george6488

• Security Guru
  • It's easier to ask for forgiveness than permission
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2008, 02:58:15 PM »
It sounds like your keypad was assigned (re-assigned) as a global keypad.
It needs to be assigned to partition #1.

Press and hold the "1" key at the keypad for 2 seconds. The keypad should beep and anbd be back alive.

To permanently assign the keypad to partition one, do the following:

*8 then Installer's Code
000 to enter keypad programming
0 to program partition and slot assignment
1 for partition 1
1 for slot 1 (or "2" for a second keypad, "3" for a third, etc. or "8" for an LCD5500, PK5500, or RFK5500 keypad)
## to exit programming

sctim

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2008, 04:07:07 PM »
I did as you said, held the "1" key. No beep, screen went blank. Then a flashing "1". Screen returned to time with a steady system trouble light. I had this condition before and jumped zone "1" with same end results. Hope this helps you.
Thanks