+-

Alarm Monitoring

Alarm Monitoring

Members Online

79 Guests, 1 User
Jonathan

Alarm Installer Search and Reviews

Myalarminstaller.com

Author Topic: DIY Looking for ADT Master Code for GE Simon 3  (Read 3380 times)

khryssti

• View Profile
DIY Looking for ADT Master Code for GE Simon 3
« on: August 26, 2008, 03:06:40 PM »
I purchased a GE Simon 3 wireless system from someone who appears to have been an ADT installer because it has an ADT sticker on the outside of it. Unfortunately, the seller decided to take my money and send me only part of the system as well as stop responding to my emails.

I received the unit and its user and installer manuals, and have bought those parts that were not sent, but keep running in to the same problems. First off, I was not given any code for the system. The manuals tell me what the default codes should be, but none of these work. By chance, I happened upon a 4-digit code that the system accepts that will allow me to review the options. What it will not allow me to do is add or remove sensors. I have also tried the recommended procedure to reset the codes to their factory settings, but the first step asks that I enter the master code before powering down and resetting.

This is why I am asking that someone who has this ADT master code contact me with this information. I have seen, on other posts, that there are people out there who are willing to provide it, but I have also seen that this information can not be left on a post.

Please email me at khryssti-alarm@yahoo.com

Thanks!!

Natethegr8

• Security Guru
    • View Profile
Re: DIY Looking for ADT Master Code for GE Simon 3
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2008, 06:13:35 PM »
Thats a tough one.  If you have the account number, when you flip down the lid and it asks for the 4 digit code, try putting in the last four digits of the account,  otherwise the default code is (deleted).   If that doesnt work than your stuck with a locked panel.  I have friends that work for ADT, I will try to get you some codes.  Also try google.

Regards,
Nate
« Last Edit: August 28, 2008, 06:28:04 PM by dboyle »

Magnum Alert

• Pro-Tech Advisor/Moderator
  • Security Guru
  • NICET Certified - Fire Alarm Systems - #121764
    • View Profile
Re: DIY Looking for ADT Master Code for GE Simon 3
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2008, 06:31:03 PM »
Regarding posting installer codes for non-DIY systems (especially those installed by nationally-recognized companies), please refer to my "A note about posting proprietary installer codes" sticky that sits at the beginning of the technical forums.

http://forum.homesecuritystore.com/index.php?topic=16322.0

Thanks again....

Dan
Specializing in Ademco, DSC, DMP, Moose, Napco, and GE Concord and NetworX.
NICET certified - #121764
VESDA certified designer/installer.