+-

Alarm Monitoring

Alarm Monitoring

Members Online

68 Guests, 1 User
wingspinner

Alarm Installer Search and Reviews

Myalarminstaller.com

Author Topic: How do I replace backup battery to a Rollins Sytem VI Security System?  (Read 1358 times)

Suebe

• I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
My system crashed after all the hurricanes we had in Florida this season.  I am monitored with ADT, but unfortunately its getting increasingly difficult to find anyone that works for them who knows anything about the Rollins systems that they inherited.  I believe the only problem I have is the backup power battery died after we lost power for so many days and since i couldn't get it to stop beeping at me, I had to turn the power off in the main control panel.  I can't see a battery to change in there.  I know there is one, since I've had a tech replace it once during the time I've owned it.  Is it behind the panel.  I'm afraid to loosen screws to look in case I really mess it up.  Is there anyone out there that can help me??

Dawg fan

• Pro-Tech Advisor/Moderator
  • Security Guru
    • View Profile
Re:How do I replace backup battery to a Rollins Sytem VI Security System?
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2004, 05:53:53 AM »
Hey Suebe,
     If it is powered down, opening the panel should not be a problem. When you do open it, you will probably see a red wire and black wire coming off the board and going to a little box. The color could vary, but you should see it. You will need to make sure you replace it with one of the exact same rating.
God bless,
Dawg fan.
All that is required for evil to succeed is for good people do nothing. Beware of ethical naturalists bearing moral gifts.

Suebe

• I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2004, 01:21:27 AM »
Thanks for your input on my problem.  Yes, I have opened the door to the panel and yes, there is a red and black wire that I have located in the box.  However, these two wires wrap around to the back of the panel or what looks like a motherboard and I do not see how to access there without getting out my screwdriver and detaching this circuit board.  Is this advisable or do I need a professional?

Dawg fan

• Pro-Tech Advisor/Moderator
  • Security Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2004, 05:32:04 AM »
Hey Suebe,
    Well, I don't advise messing with the board, especially with it powered up. The two wires I am talking about should originate on the board, and go to a box in the panel, which is the battery. Some installers route the wire behind the board because they are long, and this keeps it neat. They should come back out from behind the board. The battery will have little terminals on it that are color coded, or are identified in some way as being positive and negative. If you don't see a set-up somewhat similar to what I describe, it may be best to call someone. Don't do anything you don't feel comfortable with.
God bless,
Dawg fan.
All that is required for evil to succeed is for good people do nothing. Beware of ethical naturalists bearing moral gifts.

dave

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2004, 05:22:54 PM »
the battery is located behind the board. I personally wouldn't mess with it because if you do it incorrectly, that system can 'lose' some of the transmitters on it. The panel is an old ITI SX-5 panel, and it always had strange issues from day 1