Alarm Monitoring

Alarm Monitoring

Members Online

69 Guests, 2 Users
bearwayne,
pboy207

Alarm Installer Search and Reviews

Myalarminstaller.com

Author Topic: New homeowner - please identify my DSC system?  (Read 8161 times)

jordachio

• View Profile
New homeowner - please identify my DSC system?
« on: June 28, 2008, 02:04:31 PM »
Hi there-

I recently moved into a new townhouse that has a DSC alarm system installed, but I have no idea how to use it. The power box that controls is is located in my utility room. From there, I can plug in the power adapter to a standard wall outlet to get the system powered up, but upon doing so, the control panel informs me of two problem areas (windows where the sensors are missing) and I can't figure out what to do next. I have the code from the former tenant, but entering it does nothing. I think I could figure it out if I had a manual, but the only number on the control panel is 18001721 RO which returns nothing in online searches.

I've uploaded two images of the controller here:
http://www.designfad.com/controller1.jpg
http://www.designfad.com/controller2.jpg

If someone can identify what model this is, or better, tell me where I could find a manual, I would greatly appreciate it. (Better still, if you can just tell me how to work it!)
Also, I need to replace the two window sensors (I presume magnetic?). Does anyone know where I could find those?

Thanks!

jordachio

• View Profile
Re: New homeowner - please identify my DSC system?
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2008, 02:17:41 PM »
Hmm - I just thought to look at the control panel power in the utility room and indeed, it tells me that the system is a PC5010. I found a manual for that easy enough, but it says that the system can't be armed unless it's "ready" which means that I'll need to replace those window sensors. Does anyone know where I can buy those? Also, the security company, "Intertek" whose sticker is on the inside panel of the keypad, is no longer in service but if there's a company who services these, I would greatly appreciate a contact to them as well. Thanks again!

dscgal

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2008, 11:55:23 PM »
Hmm - I just thought to look at the control panel power in the utility room and indeed, it tells me that the system is a PC5010. I found a manual for that easy enough, but it says that the system can't be armed unless it's "ready" which means that I'll need to replace those window sensors. Does anyone know where I can buy those? Also, the security company, "Intertek" whose sticker is on the inside panel of the keypad, is no longer in service but if there's a company who services these, I would greatly appreciate a contact to them as well. Thanks again!

5010, thats good. Its a Power 832 system. Which is newer. You can bypass these sensors. Do you know the zones #'s? It may show you on the keypad. . If its zones 1 & 2 for example that you are bypassing, with the system disarmed you would press * (star) then 1, then 01 and 02, then the # sign. All zones must be entered in double digits (00). But keep in mind they'll only stay bypassed until the next time you disarm. Once the zones are bypassed you should then show a green ready light on your keypad. You are then free to arm the system. Do you have monitoring? If so you can call them and ask them to either null the 2 zones out or remove them from the partition until the sensors can be fixed/replaced.

Lastly, any local seurity company would be happy to service or sell you two new devices. Check the phonebook for local places. :)

jordachio

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2008, 07:55:13 AM »
Wow, that's awesome - thanks! I successfully bypassed the broken sensor and and got the alarm to activate and sound when the motion detector was tripped. Now, I have the code, but it kind of looks like the number "4" on the keypad may be broken. The code involves the number 4 and one of the broken zones is zone 4. I was unable to bypass that zone and when I press #4, it doesn't beep. Any suggestions? Is there a way to check if it's working or not? Also, is there a way to change the access code? Lastly, any suggestions on where I can find a replacement magnetic window sensor? Oh, double lastly, what's the name of your company?  : )

Cheers~

dscgal

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2008, 07:12:32 PM »
Wow, that's awesome - thanks! I successfully bypassed the broken sensor and and got the alarm to activate and sound when the motion detector was tripped. Now, I have the code, but it kind of looks like the number "4" on the keypad may be broken. The code involves the number 4 and one of the broken zones is zone 4. I was unable to bypass that zone and when I press #4, it doesn't beep. Any suggestions? Is there a way to check if it's working or not? Also, is there a way to change the access code? Lastly, any suggestions on where I can find a replacement magnetic window sensor? Oh, double lastly, what's the name of your company?  : )

Cheers~

Glad I could help! :) If the 4 is broken your best bet is to replace the keypad. Until then you can change the code. Do you have monitoring? If so, let them do it. You can also do it from the keypad but the #4 would have to work for that. :) Can it be used at all? If so from your keypad: Press * (star) 5, then enter in your current code, press 4 then 0 (the master code is always in position 40 with 5010/832 panels), enter the new code you would like (ex: 5328), then press the # sign. Voila! The code is changed. As soon as you're done though test the code to make sure it works. Enter it into the keypad, if your exit delay starts, great! Then just hit the code in again to cancel the arming.

"Lastly, any suggestions on where I can find a replacement magnetic window sensor? Oh, double lastly, what's the name of your company?"

Call any local security company and ask if they can sell you one. Or check out ww.dsc.com and search for a local DSC dealer. The company I work for is called Falcon Security. We're located in eastern Ontario, Canada. :)
« Last Edit: June 29, 2008, 07:16:46 PM by dscgal »