Alarm Monitoring

Alarm Monitoring

Members Online

76 Guests, 2 Users
Flyct,
cindyandwade

Alarm Installer Search and Reviews

Myalarminstaller.com

Author Topic: Caddx vs. Other Brands?  (Read 3527 times)

AdamB

• View Profile
Caddx vs. Other Brands?
« on: October 17, 2004, 07:39:08 PM »
I have been looking at the Caddx NX-6 for my house.

I also use X10 for lighting; I see that one of the options on this website for the NX-8E has an X10 addon board, will this addon board work on the NX6?

Also would be using some wireless and some hardwired sensors the main wireless sensors would be motion does Caddx have motion sensors that avoid my 25lbs dog?

On the Caddx website the comparison chart states that this pannel has a "Key Switch Arm/Disarm" what does this mean?

How does this pannel rate to any other type of pannels and am I using a pannel that would work for the above questions?

« Last Edit: October 18, 2004, 07:42:05 PM by AdamB »

brade8

• Security Expert
  • Alarm Tech with Degree in Electronics
    • View Profile
Re:Caddx vs. Other Brands?
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2005, 09:34:37 PM »
Caddx (networx) works very good compaired to other systems.  We have tried all types of equipment and we stick with caddx cause its so dependable and worth every penny.  But if you are gonna put that x10 modual on a caddx spend a few more bucks and buy a nx8.  Its worth every penny cause its more expandable.  But anything that works with the nx6 will work with the nx8e except anything over 16 zones.  This would be expanders Can't be used and wireless a nx448 will not work well.  It may work but your wasting your money cause you can only used 16 zones on that panel. If you have any more questions feal free to email me
Brad
Brade8@cox.net

Freddie

• Administrator
  • Security Guru
    • View Profile
Re:Caddx vs. Other Brands?
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2005, 09:21:09 AM »
Hi Adam B..........The NX6 will be able to utilize the x10 light modules once you add the NX540.

You can use the NX416 receiver and be able to use up to 16 wireless devices.
The pet immune motion , part # NX481 is available.

Keyswitch arm and disarm is a zone type that would allow you to use an old style keyswitch to arm and disarm the system.....perfect for upgrading from an older style system that uses a keyswitch.

The NX6 is good as long as you don't exceed the total zones available.....you have 6 hardwired zones available and 16 wireless....also be sure to get the keypad that will show you all your zones ...for example, you would not want to buy the 8 zone NX1308 if you going to have 24 zones.
Please feel free to contact the store for assistance as well.

I can't is a coward, I'll try is a soldier, I will is a king.

~ Anonymous~