+-

Alarm Monitoring

Alarm Monitoring

Members Online

62 Guests, 0 Users

Alarm Installer Search and Reviews

Myalarminstaller.com

Author Topic: ESL 445CT Exact Replacement?  (Read 4461 times)

ESLconfused

• View Profile
ESL 445CT Exact Replacement?
« on: January 02, 2007, 10:12:38 AM »
I have an older system with three (3) ESL Model 445CT detectors that are going bad one at a time. What can I use to replace them and still have system integrity.

Thank you.

Ken_in_Pittsburgh

• Security Guru
    • View Profile
Re: ESL 445CT Exact Replacement?
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2007, 11:15:19 AM »
I believe those are four wire detectors with heat sensors and built-in sounders. Four wire detectors are generally universal. You should be able to use any four wire unit with the same features. Here's an ESL unit that should work, but other brands are also available.

--Ken

Hal

• View Profile
Re: ESL 445CT Exact Replacement?
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2007, 03:31:39 PM »
Why don't you just fix the ones you have? Usually the only thing wrong is they get dust in the photo sensor. Remove power from the sensor (usually by unplugging your alarm and disconnecting its battery). Remove the detector cover by pushing the latch with a tiny screwdriver in a rectangular hole opposite the sounder. The cover should then hinge down. The photo sensor is inside the rectangular black plastic case (not the D-shaped case). Remove it by squeezing in diagonnaly opposite legs to release the latches. Using a damp lint free paper towel fragment, wipe off any dust in the bulb and sensor chambers. (I also had to remove a spider web). Reassemble and power everything back up. If that doesn't work, then consider buying new sensors.