Alarm Monitoring

Alarm Monitoring

Members Online

85 Guests, 2 Users
Jeffmardo,
tvtech

Alarm Installer Search and Reviews

Myalarminstaller.com

Author Topic: Help! DSC Power 632 Trouble Light on Wired Smoke Detectectors  (Read 942 times)

mfarr75

• View Profile
Help! DSC Power 632 Trouble Light on Wired Smoke Detectectors
« on: November 15, 2006, 08:55:27 AM »
Hello all,

I had my Power 632 system running smoothly until I tries to wire a DSC dsc two wire smoke detector last night.  The model smoke detector is DSC FSA-210B.  I wired red wire to Aux+ and the black wire to PGM2. I have only one smoke, so I put a resistor on the end. I attempted to program it as Zone 4 and have PGM configured for 2 wire smoke det. I did not remove jumper JP1 because I could not find it and was unclear about removing a compenent fromt he mail board. Anyway, I have a trouble light on my 5500z keypad on Zone 4 and Fire Zone.

Now I am lost and I think I monkeyed around with the pgm2 programing and need to get back to the default and start over.  Can anyone help me out here?

I am thinking first that the smoke det is just not compatible with the Power 632.  Could anyone verify this for me?

I searched for previous posts, but could not really understand what to do from them. I am usually pretty good atthe programming, but I think I need ot admit that I need to be ealked through this one (provided I have the right smoke detector in the first place).

Thanks in advance

Ken_in_Pittsburgh

• Security Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Help! DSC Power 632 Trouble Light on Wired Smoke Detectectors
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2006, 09:34:32 AM »
The manual says: "NOTE:If PGM2 is programmed for 2-wire smoke support, the connector JP1 on the main board must be removed." Since they say "must," you kinda have to do it! There's only one jumper on the board, and according to the diagram, it's right above the GRN terminal. It's a tiny black plastic square.... you might find it easier to use tweezers to remove it. ALSO.... if you are using 2-wire smokes, they are NOT programmed as a zone. They are wired as you wired them, to AUX+ and PGM2, and PGM2 is set as 04 (2 wire smoke support). It is not meant to be Zone 4.

--Ken

mfarr75

• View Profile
Re: Help! DSC Power 632 Trouble Light on Wired Smoke Detectectors
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2006, 01:39:21 PM »
Thanks very much Ken, I figured I would have to remove that jumper but just wanted to confirm.

By the way, before, I do this surgery to the panel, would anyone know if the FSA-210B is actually compatible? I will feel much worse about my myself if I do all this just to find out I had the wrong devise from the get-go.

Thanks again